Director, Field Innovation
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
Director, Field Force Deployment Innovation
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
- A Key Strategic Partner to the business. You will act as a strategic partner to Allergan Aesthetics' business to identify and tackle priority projects, critical to the current and future business. Combines strategic thinking, analytic rigor and project management skills to help define actionable solutions to complex problems. Focus of this role is maximizing the value of our largest investments across professional levers.
- An Open-Minded Leader. You will focus on thinking through the optimal investment approach of our different field-based teams to support our customer base. The initial focus of the role would be on the US, but ultimately it would be a global role that can also work with our key international markets as they tackle similar issues and want to share best practices.
- A Collaborative Contributor. You will work closely with our insights and analytics team who leads our commercial mix analysis, and with the individual sales leaders for each field-based group and SF&A subject matter experts to determine how we continually improve the impact of our largest commercial investments. You will also have an opportunity to engage with sales leadership to measure the impact of the recent shifts in our field force footprints and focus on facial (with a doubling down on major accounts) and a streamlining of our Coolsculpting field force in advance of upcoming launches. You will engage with our marketing and AMI training teams to also determine how to best pull through the multiple activities we are utilizing.
- An Innovative and analytical key partner. You will require strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, identify the highest impact ideas and plans, and focus efforts to enable cross-functional teams to deliver powerful results.
- Partner with VP and executive level stakeholders to help answer key decisions that impact the current and future state of our field-based teams and how they can best support business
- Act as a convener, bringing together colleagues from across different parts of the organization to create and deliver consensus-driven solutions
- Leverage sales experience to understand the evolving approach to meet our customer's needs, competitive landscape, changing techniques, and unmet patient needs in the space
- Create a structured approach and guide progress against multiple concurrent projects, driving the problem-solving process, supporting research and analytics, and distilling pragmatic recommendations
- Develop and deliver executive updates on priority projects
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for operational improvement for the business, applying knowledge of clinical flow to identify and resolve pain points
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree required (MBA preferred)
- Prior sales and marketing experience in pharma
- Extensive experience in corporate or commercial strategy for healthcare or pharmaceutical organizations required
- Healthcare and pharma industry experience with a top-tier strategic consulting firm preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, bringing together the best of the business to drive results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and analytic mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to lead executive-level discussions to influence complex business decisions
- Background in managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization, either as an external consultant or an internal cross-functional lead
- Experience managing cross-functional teams, including management of remote colleagues
- Drive, energy, and passion to advance Allergan Aesthetics and AbbVie's mission
For this role, we're looking for a leader who is:
- Excellence Focused
- Open and Authentic
A Talent Magnet: The best leaders are brand ambassadors and have an eye out for great talent to join our family. All Allergan colleagues are an extension of our recruiting team, building bridges for the best people to grow our company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Allergan, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.