Validation Engineering Intern (Multiple Locations)
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
Novartis Gene Therapies is seeking a summer intern at the Novartis Gene Therapy San Diego, Durham, Libertyville and Longmont sites to assist with validation support of the equipment / facilities associated with the manufacturing / QC processes. The intern will be involved in general support of staff validation engineers and assigned projects based on the individuals interest and skill set. Areas of involvement could be commissioning, qualification, and validation of new or existing equipment / systems / programs, computer system validation, or utility / facility validation.
The intern will be involved in general support of staff validation engineers and upon assignment will be paired with a mentor and given independent assignments.
Possible activities include:
- Supporting validation activities on critical capital projects.
- Streamline Validation projects by supporting the review of protocols, leading deviation response, executing validation protocols, etc.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the overall validation process for the site.
- Enrolled in a 4 year program with a major in a science or engineering related field (e.g. chemical engineering, bioengineering, biochemistry, computer science, quality engineering).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have ability to work independently and in teams.
- Candidates should have effective problem-solving, collaboration, and written and oral communication skills.
- 3.0 or better GPA.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.