Senior Director, Alliance Management
Developing curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
At Intellia, we are committed to solving the complex challenges of making CRISPR/Cas9-based medicines a reality for patients suffering from genetic diseases and to create novel engineered cell therapies for immuno-oncological and autoimmune diseases.
We are seeking an experienced alliance management professional with a broad scientific background (experience with genetic technologies a plus) and strong business acumen to serve as the key interface between Intellia and its scientific and corporate partners and to enable both parties to realize the full potential of each alliance. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience managing multi-program corporate alliances, as well as alliances with academic institutions and technology-driven peers. In addition, experience as the alliance manager at the smaller company in a significant corporate alliance is also desirable. This role is highly cross-functional and will report to the Senior Vice President of Business Development.
- Work with prospective, new and existing partners to ensure that Intellia and the partner achieve the goals of the alliance.
- Ensure proactive, organized and effective communication and governance. Coordinate across both organizations to meet both the letter and the spirit of the alliance governance provisions. Understand the partner's employees, their roles, and decision-making processes in order to proactively engage with them to make decisions, as well as to know how and when to best engage as unexpected events emerge.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of each contract as well as any associated or related contracts. Ensure we are adhering to our obligations and that our partner is adhering to theirs, including generation of scientific data, resourcing, finances, timelines, reports and information-sharing, disclosures, and decision-making.
- While keeping a close eye on the contractual commitments and boundaries, maintain a wider perspective and continually consider the principles, spirit, and long-term goals of the alliance in order to ensure we are always driving towards those objectives.
- Identify issues and opportunities that are “extra-contractual” and work both in Intellia and with the partner to construct a path forward to address or capitalize on them.
- Coordinate external communication plans and execution to ensure critical information is shared in timely manner and to enable each party to effectively communicate with third parties in a meaningful manner.
- Foster alliance management understanding and skills across the organization.
- Experience with project management tools.
- Contribute to the development and execution of durable, effective alliances by partnering with team members in business development to help structure the right relationships before they begin and to ensure contract language represents feasible deliverables for Intellia and for our partners.
- Partner with BD and legal on alliance renegotiation as opportunities for improvement arise. Actively participate in the process and decision-making around the conclusion of alliances when they reach the end of their term or any other termination event.
- 12+ years in biotech or pharmaceutical environments and 8 years in alliance management.
- Track record of having managed successful alliances, as well as a desire and ability to perform both at a strategic leadership level as well as in a hands-on capacity.
- Thorough understanding of contracts.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented individual who is likely to have an MBA and potentially other advanced scientific degrees or training.
- Strong general management and leadership qualities and an ability to influence across company lines.
- Understanding of the drug development process and working knowledge of the essential activities for all key functional areas.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including specifically, the skills needed to manage difficult conversations and interactions as they arise.
- Ability to work with scientific team members at all levels.
What Intellia Stands For:
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us - trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds...free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously...and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts...with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards...even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.