Director, Global Engineering Programs
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Challenging and interesting work? We Offer that
The opportunity to innovate? We offer that too
At AbbVie, we work work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We have a really exciting career opportunity as Director, Global Engineering Programs in our Corporate Engineering leadership team based in Chicago available right now. In this role, you will lead the global team responsible for providing project and process management support to our manufacturing sites across the globe.
Some of your key responsibilities would be:
• Lead, coach and mentor your diverse team of technical experts to excel within each of their respective technical disciplines
• Being accountable for all processes, policies and procedures related to Capital and Facilities Planning, Engineering Best practices and Systems and the Engineering Center of Excellence.
• Definig and documenting expectations related to Good Engineering Practice and Project Execution Methodology while tracking project execution for targeted projects and report performance metrics
• Strategic planning and facility asset utilization for AbbVie corporate wide including LRP facilities/space master planning
• Have overall responsiblity for AbbVie-wide capital planning process (Plan and LRP) for major ($5MM) investments in Facilities/Utilities/Equipment
• Conduct and record benchmarking of project management best practices within AbbVie, professional associations, A/E firms, and other peer companies
• Provide and oversee discipline specific engineering expertise to corporate wide stakeholders through AbbVie's Technical Experts group
• Be accountable for overall Engineering Capital Plan of approximately $400MM. Accountable for the department's payroll and expense budget, including outside contractor services.
So, what expertise do you need for this role?
• You will have a Bachelors Degree: Engineering or Architecture with Masters Degree: Master of Management or Master in Business Administration, preferred
• 10- 15 years experience as Manager, Project Engineering required
• Be recognised as a technical expert and leader in your field
• Have demonstrated your capability to lead and coach a global and/or multi site teams
So, are you ready to be an AbbVie leader?
It's important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Are you one of those individuals?
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.