Research Technician / Research Associate, In vivo Pharmacology
As a member of the biology research team, this individual will focus on in vivo support to translational research efforts and generate nonclinical data packages that support Erasca’s mission of erasing cancer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Independently execute in vivo PK/PD/efficacy studies that support nonclinical and clinical stage oncology programs
- Administer small molecule compounds and biologics to naïve and tumor-bearing rodents (mouse and rat), measure endpoints such as tumor volume and body weight and collect biospecimens
- Grow and maintain cell lines for tumor implantation
- Follow study protocol, IACUC protocols, SOP and animal welfare policy in animal studies. Help maintain laboratory and supply inventories
- Available on weekends and holidays to support animal studies (e.g., animal dosing)
- Be able to regularly work from Tuesday to Saturday
- Collect, organize and present scientific/technical data internally and in project team meetings
Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
Education / Experience:
- BS in Cancer Biology, Cancer Immunology, and Pharmacology or related field
- Research Technician or Research Associate with at least 1-2 years’ experience on animal work in oncology field
- In vivo skills necessary to validate and implement rodent oncology models including
- Animal study preparation (e.g., ear tag and randomization using computer software)
- Multiple routes of dosing (e.g., p.o., i.p., i.v. and mini-pump)
- Measurement of subcutaneous tumor volume by caliper
- Blood collection via various routes (e.g., tail vein, terminal cardiac and retro orbital)
- Necropsy and collection of tumor/organs
- Euthanasia/carcass disposal
- Animal Husbandry and IACUC experience
In vitro skills
- Cell culture including culture of primary human cancer cells is required
- Homogenization of tumor samples
- Have effective troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Work both independently and collaboratively. Candidates must be flexible and have strong multitasking skills
- Oncology in vivo experience is highly desired
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, especially Excel is required.
- Experience in Prism is desired.