TSR is a premier national U.S. staffing company with over 50 years of staffing excellence.
Our client, a leading Pharmaceutical Company, is hiring an Assistant/Associate Scientist for a 6 month+ contract.
Location: Devens, MA (onsite required but will have a chance to work remotely)
- The Assistant/Associate Scientist will be working in a science-driven environment, and will collaborate with a group of scientists to develop robust and scalable protein purification processes for both early and late stage biologics in ***’s robust pipeline. The candidate will work closely with the upstream team, analytical team, and collaborate with the R&D organization to drive speed to the clinic for early stage molecules, as well as with manufacturing sites within the *** network or Third Party Manufacturing to deliver robust, scalable and economical processes for late stage clinical and commercial supply.
- Performing hands-on laboratory experiments involving filtration and chromatography.
- Downstream process development, optimization, characterization, and tech transfer.
- Support process scale-up activities in the pilot plant and clinical and commercial manufacturing sites.
- Prepare/review technical documents including development / tech transfer reports, batch records, and SOPs.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to progress both early and late stage drug candidates.
- Perform experiments to evaluate and implement innovative ideas.
- M.S. in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics or equivalent, or B.S. with a minimum of 2+ years of industry and/or academic experience.
- Prior experience in downstream process development and unit operations, including preparative chromatography, ultrafiltration / diafiltration, viral inactivation and viral filtration is desired.
- Proficient in AVANT, Pendotech, unicorn software.
- Practical knowledge or understanding of analytical techniques such as HPLC, CE is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis.
- Knowledge of cGMPs as applied to process development and scale up is desired.
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a self-motivated, results-driven and collaborative team environment.