Associate Director/Director, Preclinical & Clinical Proof of Concept Studies
We are looking for a passionate and driven scientist with oncology drug development experience and proven ability to guide and implement precision medicine strategies for preclinical and clinical development programs. The successful candidate will be a team builder who can nurture collaborative relationships with internal and external colleagues, helping Triphase deliver results.
This key role will directly support Triphase’s Clinical Proof-of-Concept (cPoC) Program Leaders by contributing to development plan deliverables – including design and oversight of preclinical studies, preparation of documentation required for regulatory submissions (including INDs), and participation in the design and execution of clinical studies leading to cPoC.
This is a dynamic, hands-on role covering the full spectrum of activities from preclinical research through to early clinical trials. Success will be dependent on collaborative interactions with other functional project team members at all levels and independent, critical scientific thinking.
Triphase Accelerator is a dynamic and proven biotech company and offers the successful candidate with significant opportunity for career growth – including developing into a Program Leader role within 3-5 years, for the individual who proves they are a team player, adaptable and results driven.
Reports to: Project Leader(s)
Other key relationships: Directors/Managers/Staff of other R&D functions
Location: Preference given to candidates in Toronto, Canada or San Diego, California. Travel is required to/from San Diego/ Toronto.
- Design, outsource and manage in vitro and in vivo studies in support of projects from late discovery to early clinical development.
- Prepare study protocols and reports related to various studies, perform various analyses as appropriate, and contribute to regulatory submissions.
- Communicate study status, timelines and data to key stakeholders, and serve as a representative on multidisciplinary project teams.
- Assess external oncology asset opportunities and conduct critical scientific due diligence, as needed.
- Directly interact and maintain strong scientific and collaborative relationships with stakeholders including industry partners, innovators, research personnel, vendors and contract research organizations.
- Attend and represent the company at customer meetings, industry events, scientific conferences, etc., as necessary.
- A Ph.D. in a scientific discipline such as Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related discipline with at least 10-15 years cumulative research/development experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in performing, managing and directing pharmaceutical/ biotechnology research and development activities.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of research and development concepts, practices and procedures related to pharmacology and precision medicine strategies.
- Experience in development of early-stage oncology drug candidates from Pre-IND through to cPOC, including experience with regulatory authorities (e.g. FDA/HC/EMA).
- Ability to drive results, including ability to multi-task.
- Experience mentoring and developing direct reports.
- Strong communication and presentations skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org