Senior Manager, Cell-Therapy or Viral Vector Manufacturing Ops for CT Startup
Cell therapy manufacturing leadership role for a manufacturing operations expert with several years of cell therapy-specific or viral vector-specific industry experience leading diverse manufacturing projects that necessitate translating cell therapy company goals into operational plans and GMP-compliant results. This is a kinetic, high-impact role that requires broad-based expertise in cell therapy or viral vector manufacturing ops, cross functional communication, and high-performance team development. It's a unique career-growth position for a proactive and strategic thinker with the motivation and track record to successfully tackle the challenges, complex projects, fast pace, and multifunctional collaborations of a busy cell therapy startup.
A valued leadership role in a cell therapy biotech near San Francisco. The company would welcome a skilled manufacturing co-leader with exceptional cell therapy-specific or viral vector-specific manufacturing expertise. Will be a key manufacturing team collaborator reporting directly to the head of manufacturing to help grow the company’s cell-therapy or viral vector manufacturing capabilities. Essential responsibilities in manufacturing-capacity building will include a.) leading and managing all CMO activities including tech transfer and manufacturing from execution to release; b.) leading internal collaborations among teams tied to CMO to optimize internal / external coordination and c.) leading and managing a local facility startup including activities such as qualifying & commissioning new equipment, coordinating with internal teams for space and other tech needs to help in the expansion of the manufacturing team. In addition to cell therapy-specific or viral-vector specific manufacturing experience, the position requires innovation skills and a track record of dealing with ground-up manufacturing issues. This key, high-impact role also requires exceptional cross-functional communication skills, essential GMP-compliance expertise, and the willingness to be hands-on throughout the expansion process. This is an ideal position for a motivated manufacturing leader who believes in the high potential of cell therapy technology and who appreciates the kind of supportive team-focused environment that this biotech provides. THE COMPANY: a cutting-edge Bay Area-based startup that develops cell therapies for diverse indications. The company greatly values the contributions of its staff and is committed to promoting an open and collaborative work environment. (More than one staff member has volunteered that this is the best place they’ve ever worked.) In addition to its collaborative work culture and good benefits, this growing biotech also offers significant stock participation.
- BS in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline.
- Several years’ experience in cell therapy or viral vector cGMP-compliant manufacturing operational leadership.
- Expertise supervising CMO DS and DP activities and expertise eventually bringing these manufacturing activities in-house.
- Experience that includes manufacturing-facility startup, manufacturing equipment qualification, SOP’s, batch scale up, tech transfer from process development, and quality improvement.
- (Note: Viral vector production experience is not essential, however it would be a plus.)
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the creative sense needed to address and overcome diverse challenges.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and flexibility necessary to collaborate effectively among diverse disciplines.
- Motivation to be a key contributor towards the goals of a progressive, team-focused company engaged in next generation technologies.
- Requires San Francisco Bay Area residency and already-established US work authorization.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume using BioSpace link provided or, preferably, EMAIL YOUR RESUME DIRECTLY to email@example.com using the following code on your subject line: MFG-CT/VV/SrM