X-37 is a pharmaceutical discovery and development company. X-37 uses an advanced artificial intelligence technology, developed by our partner Atomwise, Inc., to accelerate the discovery of novel drug candidates by screening vast libraries of chemical compounds in silico. The team at X-37 validates drug candidates identified in silico through wet lab screening assays, pre-clinical testing, and clinical trials. X-37 currently has five programs in areas of high medical need including cancer, autoimmune diseases, and coagulation disorders. (https://www.x37.ai/).
We are looking to hire a talented Scientist to join our team at our laboratory site in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Perform in vitro assays in cell-free or cellular format using the appropriate technical equipment and instruments
- Receive and process samples
- Prepare and run experiments
- Calculate test results, log and report to the team
- Maintain equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work area
- Practice safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations, including CDC-recommended COVID-19 practices.
- PhD/M.Sc degree in the sciences (a plus for biology/biotechnology/bioengineering)
- At least 3 years of experience working in a lab environment.
- Experience with sterile technique, cell culture, cellular, and/or bioluminescence assays.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write correspondence and reports
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer skills - PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word is necessary
- Ability to work on site, handle samples and load robotic equipment
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations, ability to use concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
- A precondition of employment is valid and existing authorization to work permanently in the U.S. We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Desired qualifications but not required
- Experience with bioluminescence assays
- Experience with Opentrons robotics or other automated pipetting system
- Experience with analysis software, such as GraphPad Prism
- Experience with automated drug screening