Senior Software Product Manager, Bioinformatics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Software Product Manager, Bioinformatics to lead and manage the delivery of our on-market and new bioinformatics single cell analysis pipelines (including cellranger). This person will be responsible for managing our informatics product strategy, including translating business and customer needs into requirements, evaluating the priority of new features, and setting timelines for release.
- Lead single cell informatics product strategy. Develop customer/product requirements, drawing from the field, support, and internal Computational Biology team, and evaluate trade-offs
- Create and manage release plans, deeply understanding and managing dependencies
- Coordinate across cross-functional teams (software engineering, computational biology, product design, and QA), leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Communicate technical problems and solutions clearly to all levels and roles across the company
- Ensure we deliver impactful, well-supported products that customers love
Things we’re looking for
- Expertise in bioinformatics, biology, genomics, or a related field (Advanced scientific or computer science degree is preferred).
- Experience shipping software products.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, balance short term and long term trade-offs, and efficiently meet timelines; focus on execution and ability to drive work to completion.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Design sense and ability to understand and empathize with customers.
- Structured and analytic thought process; experience translating data into actions.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 2,000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.