Outsourcing Lead (Sr. Manager)
This role requires prior experience with the Clinical Research Process
- Works independently to negotiate contractual budgets, business terms and the scopes of service with CRO's and other service providers.
- Ensures the protection of Pfizer's clinical outsourcing business interests. Accountable to minimize Pfizer's business risk and maximize research dollars in each contract.
- Provide contracts and outsourcing guidance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Acts as a central point of contact for business-related issues and facilitates contractual/financial conflict resolution.
- Leads study, program, and asset level outsourcing efforts. Provides situational outsourcing consultation and guidance, as required.
- Provides support and/or oversight for key areas within Business Operations & Sourcing (i.e. FCPA Process, etc.).
- Implement the current outsourcing model with Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and other Preferred Providers.
- Works independently on most assignments using knowledge and work experience in outsourcing to achieve desired results at a high rate of accomplishment.
- Liaises frequently with stakeholders to ensure they understand and have realistic expectations of contracting process and systems.
- Partners with study teams to identify and evaluate available outsourcing and resourcing options to support decision-making relative to clinical trial execution at a global and local level.
- Understands and utilizes cloud-based tool (COST) to effectively and efficiently support CRO competitive bids, bid analysis, budget negotiations, lifecycle management (e.g. change requests/change orders) and reporting.
- Manages the outsourcing process as an agent of Business Operations & Sourcing:
- In collaboration with study teams, gains an in-depth understanding of study requirements in order to secure appropriate level and type of resources and services from CROs and other service providers.
- Identifies and brokers appropriate outsourced study execution options.
- Requests competitive bids/proposals from CRO Preferred Providers & other technical service providers.
- Independently pressure tests and analyzes complex budget proposals and provides recommendations and analysis to study teams for decision making.
- Facilitates the vendor selection process.
- Negotiates budgets with vendors and challenges costs when not appropriate.
- Proactively escalates issues that may become contentious to line management.
- Responsible for the preparation of Requests for Proposals and bid analyses.
- Responsible for the preparation, negotiation and finalization/execution of full-service CRO Preferred Provider Work Orders, Vendor Services Agreements, Change Orders, Consultant Agreements, Master Services Agreements and other types of ad-hoc agreements.
- Directly negotiates proposed changes to standard contract language within guidelines provided by the Legal Division; escalates requested changes that fall outside of guidelines to the Legal Division and other stakeholders, as required.
- Communicates impact of significant scope changes and associated budget to Business Units/Research Units and other stakeholders proactively to ensure funding availability.
- Participate in special projects and/or initiatives to help achieve business objectives.
- Actively supports Pfizer's culture.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- BA or BS degree and/or recognized amount of work experience in a related discipline.
- 8+ years of Clinical Trial Sponsor experience, CRO operational and/or proposal development experience, or other trial related experience, including significant experience negotiating and drafting clinical trial-related agreements is required.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and proficiency with MS Office applications (Word/PPT/Excel) is required.
- Experience with Ariba Contract Workbench, SalesForce, and / or other industry cost benchmarking or contract/budget management tools is desired.
- Finance/Clinical Budgeting Experience.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of clinical trial-related costing
- Operational knowledge of clinical trial study execution activities (e.g. study start-up, maintenance and closeout activities).
- Knowledge of clinical trial outsourcing.
- Understanding of the operational impact of proposed scope changes to study timelines, budget, and performance.
- Knowledge and experience of negotiating and contracting with CROs and/or other technical service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Enterprise-level contracting and outsourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated internal and external influencing skills for expectation and timeline management.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform complex financial analyses.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Some travel required (less than 10 business days per year)
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: November 23, 2020
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
- Additional Posting Locations: Remote, MA, Collegeville, PA, Groton, CT, Peapack, NJ, New York, NY, Morrisville, NC
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.