Research Associate, Biomarkers
IGM Biosciences (Nasdaq: IGMS) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on creating and developing engineered IgM antibodies. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to improve upon the efficacy and safety of IgG antibodies in multiple therapeutic applications.
We have created a proprietary IgM antibody technology platform that we believe is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists, and targeted cytokines. Our lead product candidate, IGM-2323, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3, and we have initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory B cell Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) patients in 2019. Our second product candidate is IGM-8444, an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5) for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies, for which we have recently initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial. Also in our product pipeline is IGM-7354, a bispecific IgM antibody delivering interleukin-15 (IL-15) cytokines to PD-L1 expressing cells for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
Our Preclinical Sciences group is looking for a Research Associate with a background in Immunology, Cell Biology or a related scientific discipline to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the preclinical development of novel antibody-based therapeutics in a variety of disease areas and at various stages of development, participating to the discovery of biomarkers for clinical translation.
- Human and mouse cell culture and primary cell maintenance and isolation.
- Design, develop and execute in vitro cell-based immunoassays.
- Perform analysis with ELISAs or other methods of cytokine/analyte analysis.
- Utilize multicolor flow cytometry in analysis.
- Execute basic biochemical assays (eg. Western blot) and molecular biology assays (e.g. qRT-PCR).
- Effectively communicate own work orally and in writing; present data in group meetings.
- Thoroughly and accurately document experimental activities in laboratory e-notebooks.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant industry or academic experience.
- Strong scientific knowledge and research experience in in Immunology, Immuno-oncology or Cell Biology.
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analyses and troubleshooting.
- Must have hands-on experience in multi-color flow cytometry (8+ colors), primary cells isolation and culture, and in vitro cell-based immunoassays (e.g. cytotoxicity assays)
- Experience with molecular biology assays including RNA extraction, QC, qRT-PCR, and RNAseq, is a plus.
- Experience evaluating T cell engagers and other antibody therapeutics is a plus.
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo.
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook.
- Must be a team player, respectful of others, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Able to commute to Mountain View.
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based and family-like work environment. It is one of our biggest goals to maintain our company culture.
One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we are offering robust and comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance. The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
- STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 10 holidays
- Cell phone & internet subsidy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual training budget for professional development
- Commuter Benefit
- Annual bonus program
- New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.