Assay Development Scientist
This role is essentially a reagent and instrument system integration role. It requires understanding and optimizing the interaction of many consumable components with each other and our instrument. Great opportunity for someone with broad skill set and interest to contribute in an important and significant way to the success of Nautilus.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for troubleshooting and optimizing the interaction of all components used in the Nautilus Assay workflow.
- Work in close collaboration with instrument and software engineers as well as reagent development scientists to develop meaningful specifications for each component of our system.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, or similar discipline. Will also consider candidates with engineering degrees when combined with research and development experience in the biomedical or biotechnology industry.
3+ years of R&D experience in the Biomedical or Biotechnology Industry.
Biochemical assay development experience required.
Demonstrated success in bringing biotechnology products from concept to market. Clear understanding of the product development process.
- Protein and DNA assay development experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues from many disciplines.
- Previous experience in system integration is a big plus.