Scientist (Metabolism and Lipid Research)
GABAeron, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development of therapies using stem cells and small molecules to treat neurological diseases. GABAeron takes a novel approach that combines precision medicine (using genetic information for patient stratification) with regenerative medicine (using human iPSC-derived cell products for therapy) and pharmacological intervention (small molecules). The therapeutic programs of GABAeron are specifically designed to replace or protect some of the most vulnerable brain cell populations to restore and preserve brain functions with human iPSC-derived cell products and small molecules in patients with genetically defined neurological diseases.
We are looking for an outstanding scientist with in-depth knowledge in metabolism and lipid research, particularly in cholesterol metabolism and regulation, and strong expertise in cell biology and cell-based assays. The selected candidate will play a vital role in a research team focused on assay development targeting various neurobiological diseases. This person will be responsible for designing and running rigorous, consistent, and well-documented studies, organizing and analyzing the data, and presenting the data to research groups and management.
- Highly motivated scientist with a proven track record of accomplishments
- PhD degree in metabolism and lipid research, cellular biology, or a closely related field with 1+ years of post-doctoral experience
- Experience in metabolism and lipid research
- Direct experience with cholesterol metabolism and regulation
- Experience developing cell-based assays
- Experience in neuronal cell culture, including primary neurons and iPSC neurons
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with software for image analysis, data management, statistical analysis, Google Suite