Aziyo Biologics is a fully integrated, commercially oriented regenerative medicine company. Since its founding in 2015 the company has expanded through acquisitions and strategic partnerships, creating a high growth commercial entity. Its proprietary products are used in orthopedic, cardiovascular, and other medical specialties. Our mission is to restore health and mobility through the development of innovative new solutions that expand the possibilities of regenerative medicine.
This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s short- term goals and objectives as it relates to facilities.
This position is responsible for keeping the facility running by performing a variety of duties such as testing, adjusting and maintaining facility equipment.
Position reports to the Vice president, Operations and Facilities Engineer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance task, skilled maintenance repairs and routine inspections under the supervision of senior facilities engineer to ensure proper operation of facility equipment.
- Records type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Plans work assignments, performs duties with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Ensures proper operations of systems in compliance with required regulations and codes.
- Tests, maintains and evaluates equipment by using appropriate instrumentation.
- Performs duties in building securely and safety.
- Display respect for healthcare, tissue donation and biologics organizations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information, which pertains to donors, families, employees, the organization and related areas.
- Provide internal support in rapidly growing and dynamic environment.
- Maintaining/ordering office supplies
- Cleanroom walkthrough
- Fire extinguisher maintenance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 year of previous facilities related experience.
- Must be able to perform all job duties and physical requirements within the work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information in a user-friendly language.
- Must be both a team player and able to work independently.
- Demonstrates a high concern for detail, accuracy, and compliance to Company and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate a commitment to process improvement.
- Ability to exercise judgement, problem solve and work well with cross-functional teams.
- Service oriented with meticulous attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Available and adaptable to working fluctuating schedules, including weeknights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Some operations require bending, standing long hours, pushing and/or pulling objects to a machine or/on a cart.
- Ability to distinguish colors