Senior Scientist (Pharmacology)
As a key member of Rigel’s research group, the successful candidate will play a leading role in the development of animal models and the discovery and evaluation of novel small molecule inhibitors for the treatment of immune and hematological disorders. The candidate is expected to participate in all aspects of in vivo studies, i.e. study design, implementation, data analysis and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, implement and manage in vivo PK/PD and relevant models of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases for the advancement of Rigel’s pipeline, including all in-life phases of animal studies
- Interact with senior management and other scientists and functional groups to formulate and implement in vivo strategies for Rigel’s research programs
- Develop new models relevant to therapeutic targets of interest; read the literature and gain a solid understanding of the biology of Rigel’s preclinical targets
- Critically analyze data and provide summaries to project teams and senior management team
- Prepare documents for regulatory filings and interactions with partners and collaborators
- Present Rigel data internally and at scientific conferences
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- PhD degree in the field of immunology, pharmacology, biology or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in industry/drug development and/or independent research
- Experience with in vivo models (models for inflammatory diseases highly desirable)
- Experience with ELISA, Luminex, and flow cytometry preferred
- Expert knowledge and understanding of scientific principles
- Demonstrated scientific creativity and ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, ability to troubleshoot and to deliver high quality data
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to thrive in a highly collaborative research environment
- Highly motivated with high degree of professional integrity and strong work ethic; must be dedicated to providing humane animal care in accordance with all relevant regulations and current practice standards
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be required.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.