Research Associate, Cell Engineering
Century Therapeutics is developing novel allogeneic living cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century's genetically-engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century's foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
The Research Associate, Cell Engineering, will support activities to advance our universal iPSC-derived allogeneic cell products for targeting hematological and solid tumors. The Research Associate will be responsible for utilizing existing cell engineering methodologies for gene editing in iPSCs in support of cell therapy efforts. The ideal candidate will work closely with research colleagues, collaborate across functional groups, be self-motivated and able to perform in a fast-paced setting.
- Targeted engineering of iPSCs using CRISPR-Cas9, CRISPR-Cpf1 or other novel genome nucleases
- Single cell cloning and expansion of engineered iPSCs
- Genetic screening and bioinformatics analysis to identify properly edited iPSC clones
- Documents laboratory work in a GxP-like setting with proper documentation
- Molecular cloning of pDNA constructs used for targeted gene editing
- Experience in genome editing using CRISPR-Cas9 and/or CRISPR-Cpf1 highly desirable.
- Extensive cell culture experience essential; experience with culturing iPSCs preferred but not essential.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry highly desirable. Cell sorting experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning essential. Experience with qPCR and ddPCR desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science with ~2 years of experience or a Master's Degree in a relevant field.
Show more Show less