Assoc Purchasing Analyst
purchasing analyst - Commercial
The Purchasing Analyst will provide the Commercial & Indirect Purchasing & Supplier Management ("PSM") team with purchasing and analytical support for US purchasing activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute transactional sourcing requests under direction of Purchasing Manager(s), e.g., nondisclosure agreements, statements of work, amendments, etc. Support purchasing initiatives, as required Track and monitor operational targets and metrics where required and escalate issues as they arise Provide analytical support for strategic procurement activities, including RFx development and execution, spend analysis and detailed savings analysis Work closely with Category Managers to understand the scope of work for each project, define the requirements and establish the appropriate value levers Prepare and distribute RFx to suppliers, manage receipt and internal distribution of supplier responses and, as appropriate, review proposals, conduct bid evaluation analyses, coordinate bid defense meetings with suppliers and internal teams, compile selection criteria/requirements, and facilitate decision-making process to ensure objectivity and adherence to selection criteria while meeting the team's timelines Participate in and/or coordinate meetings with stakeholders, suppliers, and RFx presentations. Actively participate in the supplier discovery process, e.g., gathering market intelligence, supporting business requirements, assessing innovations in the industry and ensuring that the right suppliers are included in the RFx process.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and think clearly under pressure, as well as prioritize effectively
- Professional communication skills - ability to effectively communicate with peers, business stakeholders and suppliers via verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage constructive and cooperative working relationships, often without introduction
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or Business
• 0-3 years corporate procurement experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Allergan, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.