BioProcess Technician I - Downstream
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The BioProcess Technician I is responsible for assisting with the manufacturing operations process at the plant. This individual will work on the manufacturing floor to produce media/buffer preparation, learn to troubleshoot equipment, stock items in supply/ production / warehouse areas, standardize equipment and clean the production area, cleaning and autoclaving production equipment.
- Assist the team with manufacturing led investigations.
- Produce media/buffer preparation.
- Learn to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Stock items in the supply, production and warehouse.
- Clean the production area, cleaning and autoclaving production equipment.
- Acceptable candidate will adhere to the Novartis Gene Therapies core values; Integrity, Tenacity, Teamwork.
- 0-1 years' experience in a GMP environment with targeted biopharmaceutical training (Bioworks or equivalent) and/or related military training also preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Approximately 5% travel required.
- Must be able to routinely lift over 35 lbs. Must be able to work alternate 12 hour shifts and weekends, as needed.
- Operates in a safe manner in order to avoid injury to self and others.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.