Summer 2021 Intern - Biomedical Engineering (Tarrytown, NY)
If you're a student pursuing a degree in Biomedical Engineering, you may be a fit for an internship in the following departments:
- Preclinical Manufacturing & Process Development (PMPD)
- Formulation development
- Imaging Sciences
- Protein chemistry
- Functional modeling
Tarrytown is where medicines are discovered. Our robust research and development engine allows us to discover therapies that could have a profound impact on patient health and scientific outcomes.
We generate ideas, explore them and challenge them on their way to becoming life-changing medicines.
Our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to a robust pipeline of clinical-stage medicines, all of which were discovered in our laboratories. Our investigational treatments target allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, neuromuscular diseases, infectious diseases and rare diseases.
It's a collegial place where science leads, and you'll be supplied with what you need to do great work. We're creative thinkers and rigorous workers. We never lose sight of the fact that the work we do here can change the world.
In this role, a typical summer might include the following:
- Achieving a general understanding of what happens in our global organization
- Completing hands-on project work that has an impact on the business
- Engaging with Regeneron leadership
- Collaborating with other interns
- Establishing connections with Regeneron's diverse employee resource groups
- Participating in professional development sessions while enjoying lots of free food and swag
- Showcasing the knowledge you gained through end of term presentation sessions
- Getting paid for your hard work!
This role might be for you if:
- You want to make a difference
- You advocate for your ideas - and what they can do in the world
- You're excited to think, challenge, listen, re-think and solve
- You continuously look for ways to improve
- You are science-minded, ask questions and challenge conventional wisdom
- You work with precision, passion, intellect and integrity
- You're ready to work with the team that can bring a great idea to life
- You know this is no ordinary job
To be considered for this opportunity, you must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's (and be returning to school the semester following the internship). A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required. We want someone who is able to commit to 40 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks from the end of May through the beginning of August. Demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community is also preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.