External Therapeutic Collaborations Assoc Manager
We are seeking an Associate Manager to join our Research Program Management Team to provide operational guidance and drive key deliverables for an external research collaboration focused on siRNA therapeutics. This individual will merge their scientific expertise in lipid metabolism, RNA biology, and/or siRNA therapies with program management knowledge and experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
In this role, a typical day may include:
• Primary point of contact for management regarding progress of project / program goals, ensures effective, accurate and timely program-related communication across functional areas and with external collaborators.
• Distills sophisticated information, identifying the most pertinent elements and tailoring communications based on audience.
• Corresponds with external partners to develop research plans, identify knowledge gaps, address challenges, and communicate progress.
Drug and Technology Discovery & Development:
• Uses knowledge and experience in biology, drug discovery, and siRNA technology to steer and enable cross-functional teams to achieve key research program objectives.
• In collaboration with internal colleagues and external partners, the Associate Manager will implement effective operational practices to execute on all program deliverables.
• Builds cross-functional teams and leads internal/external collaboration deliverables in a matrix organization. Actively seeks to strengthen high performance teams.
• Drives evolution of projects from initiation of new collaborations to their completion, within specified timelines and quality and budgetary parameters.
• Uses proven understanding and experience to devise templates, tracking tools, and standard methodologies to support collaboration activities and resolve individual and team performance issues.
Planning, Tracking & Project Reporting:
• Facilitates the development and maintenance of research plans for external collaborations and ensures alignment across functional areas and senior management.
• Supports annual goal-setting sessions to develop project / program level objectives that contribute to and align with overall company goals, while supervising progress.
• Maintains knowledge of critical data and milestones for assigned projects / programs
• Tracks programs and promotes a collaborative scientific information exchange internally and externally by leading and updating tracking tools and program content.
• Defines and documents best practices and procedures and identifies opportunities for implementing standardized processes.
This role may be for you if you:
• Work independently with limited guidance, but general oversight from a supervisor or team leader.
• Work cross-functionally in a matrix organization and support the high-level research operation plans.
• Regularly interact with senior management and/or executive level personnel on matters concerning several functional areas.
• Proactively identify potential issues and implement mitigation strategies for general problem-solving within the department.
• Exercise good judgment and exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the projects / programs.
• Represent the department in relevant internal / external committees.
To be considered for this role, you must have an advanced degree (eg. PhD) and at least 3+ years of post-graduate proven experience, with a background in lipid metabolism, RNA biology, and/or siRNA therapies. Program management experience in the drug development or pharmaceutical industry is preferred. This role requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams. We are looking for someone who understands and listens to team members and fosters a productive team environment, and resolves conflicts or problems with tact, diplomacy and composure. Someone who can balance multiple projects and priorities with outstanding organizational and time leadership skills. Proficiency in relevant software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project, etc., in addition to experience working within shared work environments is required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.