Supervisor, Sample Management
We are seeking a Supervisor to join the Sample Management Group (SMG) to lead activities for assigned clinical and/or nonclinical programs. SMG is responsible for the accurate handling, receipt, and storage of clinical, nonclinical and research study samples and sample data reconciliation. In addition to sample management processes, this individual will have the opportunity to lead multiple sample management assistants.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
• Trains and provides leadership and mentorship to other SMA's within SMG. Holds team meetings to ensure priorities are communicated appropriately.
• Manages direct reports by setting goals, addressing performance issues and conducting performance reviews. Identifies development needs as required.
• Supports clinical/nonclinical trials from biological specimen collection to storage and distribution through effective tactical interactions with clinical teams, clinical sites, central laboratories, and external collaborators.
• Manages sample reconciliation data processes, such as data transfer, data review and quality checks in a validated system and environment.
• Exhibits independence when coordinating tasks and ensures projects are driven forward and objectives are achieved. Delivers on a limited number of projects with multifaceted priorities with emphasis on data integrity.
• Identify discrepancies and collaborates with external and/or internal stakeholders to address resolution.
• Assists in the development and reporting of operational performance metrics.
• Works with management to establish and streamline sample management processes to increase efficiency in support of increased number of projects.
• Authors/revises SOPs and working practices as needed. Assists with review of protocols and statements of work and provides feedback.
• Executes vital operations in LIMS. Utilizes LIMS and ELN for data review and reconciliation documentation purposes.
This role may be for you if you:
• Demonstrate sound decision-making ability and incorporate new processes and initiatives within a team.
• Possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task by coordinating activities.
• Enjoy collaborating with members of your team, as well as cross-functionally with other departmental teams/individuals.
• Work well in a GxP environment and have enforced data standardization practices.
• Have strong attention to detail, and data integrity.
To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant work experience, or a Master's degree and 6 years of relevant work experience. Direct supervisory experience is required. We are seeking a candidate with knowledge and experience of biorepositories, sample collection, processing and storage in a GxP environment. Experience using automated biobanking systems is a plus. You should have strong digital literacy, including expertise in Microsoft Excel and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). Ability to work under set timelines and have strong communication interpersonal skills.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.