Scientific Data Curation Lead
The Research and Preclinical Development IT team is looking for a passionate Scientific Data Curation Lead who will coordinate a team of data curators that will work with scientists to ensure that scientific data content is maintained, curated, and interoperable with related data. You will partner with research scientists, scientific business analysts, and technical leads to curate data directly from submitting labs for entry into Regeneron's database systems.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Ensure data integrity by maintaining a common vocabulary and ontology across research.
- Connect datasets and/or entity metadata between systems and databases, where appropriate.
- Facilitate the creation of reports and dashboards by ensuring data linkage, quality, and vocabulary standardization.
- Identify and acquire new data for inclusion in databases; collaborate with labs for the purpose of gathering more information to be included in databases.
- Review submissions to databases for quality and relevancy; abstract information in the required formats.
- Manage 2-4 data curation resources to ensure quality and standards are maintained.
This job might be for you if:
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work. Operational perfection matters more than just finishing the tasks.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
- You have a background in molecular biology, cell biology, in vivo biology, and/or genetics, and possess the ability to acquire and review information quickly.
To be considered for the Scientific Data Curation Lead, you must have a Graduate degree in a life science-related discipline and life science laboratory research experience in a pharmaceutical or academic setting. Experience with cell and molecular biology laboratory techniques and/or in vivo animal studies. Leadership and influencing skills. Understanding of how representational format affects data interpretation, and ability to learn and utilize relational databases, data integration, and FAIR data principles. Knowledge of standard ontologies and vocabularies and scientific databases.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.