Head of Innovation
As the Head of Innovation, you will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction of our innovation efforts focused on speed, flexibility, quality and productivity. In this role, you will focus on initiating, driving and embedding innovation projects supporting Goals and Strategy across Global Development (GD). We need a forward-thinking leader to partner with internal and external stakeholders to drive innovation across our clinical platform.
As the Innovation Head, a typical day might include the following:
• Providing leadership, strategic direction and day to day coordination of activities for innovative partnerships with external companies
• Establishing innovation center and framework to pursue near term opportunities to demonstrate value to the organization
• Developing and managing internal teams to drive new initiatives forward across GD and partnering functions across Regeneron
• Acting as lead for monitoring the external environment for opportunities that match to Global Development and REGN priorities and unmet needs, both domestic and abroad
• Developing strategic profiles of vendors and mapping capabilities to needs supporting innovation and transformation ideas
• Ensures promising ideas are supported by a business case with a prospective plan for future scaling and "operationalization", coordinating development of robust business cases and trajectory to scale/generalize successful pilots
• Ensuring Regeneron is current on trends and opportunities to repurpose innovation from healthcare, including but not limited to: clinical informatics and health information technologies, companion diagnostic, and point of care diagnostic technologies, connected health, social media, telemedicine, ambulatory monitoring, and sensors, medication compliance and mobile health
• Setting strategy and developing the framework to drive and govern innovation initiatives.
• Crafting the overall communication and change management plan for awareness to instill innovation in the culture
• Working with Tech and Pharma Industry thought leaders to understand technology and identify future opportunities that could innovate drug development
• Using innovation to differentiate the company in the market, providing unique value to customers that strengthens external relationships
• Forming an active and actionable network of internal and external SMEs to collaboratively lead our innovation project portfolio and maximize efficiencies
• Up to 30% travel
This role might be for you if:
You have experience working with or establishing innovation centers/frameworks
You have the vision to translate technology advancements unrelated to clinical trials to have a ground-breaking impact on clinical operations
You lead by example to cultivate an entrepreneurial culture of ingenuity and innovation to bring together the best of our efforts for lasting results
You have the proven ability to conceptualize, develop, and lead efforts to support change within a sophisticated, growing organization
You have a track record of building collaboration and license agreements around new technologies.
You operate with a high degree of cross-functional agility using outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess a Bachelor's degree and an Advance Degree is ideal. You also must have at least 15 years of relevant experience including confirmed leadership capabilities. We are seeking a leader with comprehensive knowledge of the drug development process, including the clinical trial, clinical monitoring and site management process.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.