Manager, Application Development
We are seeking a talented Manager to join the team to help enable the analysis and interpretation of genetic data for 100,000s of individuals, by developing the analysis tools and web applications that will enable scientists to explore the data at scale. Our goal at the Regeneron Genetics Center is to generate the knowledge that will enable Regeneron to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them. You will be responsible for developing interactive analysis tools and methods that will help accomplish this vision. You will work collaboratively with other experts in genomic data analysis, biology, computation and medicine to design, implement and refine world class data analysis and visualization tools.
As a Manager, Application Development, a typical day may include:
- Designing, architecture, implementing and refining algorithms for visualization of genetic and health data, with a focus on web accessible applications. These applications will facilitate analysis and exploration of datasets with 1,000,000s of genetic variants, 1,000,000s of individuals, and 10,000s of health related traits.
- Implementing scalable, portable and standards compliant code, built open reusable building blocks and standard frameworks for web application development.
- Evaluating code for efficiency, correctness and style.
- Ensuring tools are robust and friendly in the face of user and input errors.
THIS ROLE COULD BE FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Are motivated to work in a rapidly evolving, exciting environment.
- Have an ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Have outstanding communication skills and an ability to summarize and present plans, prototypes and results a variety of audiences, ranging from experts in application development, to experts in biology, drug design and medicine. Willingness to incorporate user and partner feedback.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.