Business Development Partner - Boston
Our Business Development team is growing. As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for an outstanding individual who can help us support the expansion of our business development activities in Boston and the US East Coast. The Business Development will have a key role in increasing AbCellera’s reach among the VC, biotech and Pharma ecosystem . As part of a leading and highly innovative company, successful candidates will report to the Head of Business Development and will work closely with the executive team. Successful applicants are also expected to be travelling internationally, when conditions permit.
How you might spend your days:
- Identify key partnerships in the Pharma, biotech, venture capital and academic ecosystem
- Prepare and present AbCellera’s vision capabilities to generate interest from prospective partners
- Tailor termsheets, and negotiate key terms to fit with AbCellera’s business model
- Identify and highlight key strategic areas of innovation, including scientific/financial models
- Participate in discussions with the scientific and business development teams to identify key areas of growth for the company
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team to plan, generate and disseminate information, either internally or externally
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong scientific background, preferably PhD or higher in biology, biochemistry, immunology and/or are familiar with biologics
- You have experience with Pharma, biotech, venture capital. Ideal with biologics and technology platforms
- You are interested in the trends and cycles of biotech industry, innovation, and understand how technology can drive value for AbCellera’s business
- You appreciate value drivers with different business models (equity, upfront payments, royalty, licensing, software models)
- You have a relevant experience in deal making. You can identify, follow up and close deals
- You can engage both at executive and scientific levels on business opportunities
- You have outstanding presentations and communications skills
- You can work remotely while maintaining a tight connection with AbCellera’s BD, communication and scientific teams
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a difference, working on problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1056 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.