Research Associate II - Antibody Engineering - Yazaki Laboratory
An Antibody Engineering Research Associate II position is immediately available for a bright, well-organized, motivated scientist in a multidisciplinary antibody development team led by Paul Yazaki, Ph.D.
Dr. Yazaki's research focuses on antibody engineering of novel molecules for clinical applications. The scope of this research includes recombinant antibodies, antibody fragments, fusion proteins and antibody-based nanoparticles for the imaging and therapy of cancer. Areas of expertise include antibody design, discovery, engineering, expression, purification, biophysical characterization, in vivo preclinical animal models, process development and cGMP production.
Key Responsibilities include:
Overall antibody engineering responsibilities include design, cloning, expression, purification and biochemical characterization of novel recombinant antibodies and fusion proteins.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- M.S. Life Sciences and 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Primer design, SOE-PCR, DNA isolation, cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, mammalian cell expression, protein purification, general molecular biology and biochemistry skills.
- Documentation of data results and maintenance of a research lab.
- The position requires semi-independence, an exceptional level of responsibility
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Familiarity with animal research studies a plus.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.