Hospital Surgical Representative
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team's commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world's fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn't just welcomed, it's encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
The Hospital Surgical Representative (HSR) is responsible for providing sales and promotion of Allergan Medical plastic surgery products, maintaining customer base, developing new markets, and obtaining new customers.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed sales targets on an ongoing basis and has the capability of selling targeted products to targeted accounts.
- Conduct excellent product in-servicing and product evaluations that lead to customer conversions.
- Prospect and develop relationships with prospective customers, converting them to Allergan customers (primary customers include the physician, materials manager and the purchasing administrator).
- Increase account penetration with orders for Allergan Tissue Matrices for new surgical procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or higher level degree is required
- 5 or more years of medical sales experience and/or training
- Surgical Sales Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of clinical, surgical techniques and procedures, and medical terminology preferred
- Prior Experience with General, Plastic and/or Colorectal Surgery areas
- Demonstrated sales experience involving servicing and product evaluations leading to customer conversions. Experience with building prospects and relationships to close leads.
- Display a strong knowledge of product line, capitalize on all product features and benefits, make effective use of selling tools and maintain a high level of expertise in appropriate surgical procedures and operating room conduct.
- Attain and utilize competitor comparison knowledge.
- Ability to identify decision makers and influence decisions
- Ability to manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to manage budgets, expenses and execute plans
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team. Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate scientific/clinical features and benefits of a product
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing
- Knowledge of operating room etiquette, sterile fields and sterile techniques
- Ability to observe use of Allergan Medical products in the surgical arena
- Travel required
- Ability to drive a car with a valid driver's license
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Allergan, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.