Assistant/Associate Scientific Director
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
As an Assistant/Associate Scientific Director, BOTOX Spasticity & Movement Disorders you will be joining an energetic Medical team that supports one of the most recognized therapeutics in the World, that provides amazing outcomes for patients! In your role, you will be responsible for contributing to the development of medical strategy, executing projects, and representing BOTOX Therapeutic as a member of numerous, highly visible cross-functional teams. You will be an internal expert, expected to effectively communicate critical scientific and medical data and strategy to key internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for maintaining in-depth knowledge of Spasticity and Movement Disorders and related medical and regulatory guidelines, to ensure that field medical and other internal teams receive the best training possible, and that all such materials are medically accurate. Lastly, you will always put the patient and their safety first.
T he Assistant/Associate Scientific Director , M e d i c a l A f f a ir s has a k ey role w it h i n the BOTOX Therapeutic & Migraine T h e r ape u t i c A r ea . Wo r k i ng under t he l e ad e r s h i p of t h e Scientific Director/Medical Director, t h i s leader supports the development and execution of the m e d i c a l s tr a t e g y f or BOTOX Spasticity and Movement Disorders . By providing scientific, strategic and operational input into core medical affairs activities including thought leader engagement plans and field provider interactions; generation and dissemination of clinical and scientific data; provider and payer educational initiatives and promotional material generation, this leader ensures tactical execution is r e l e v ant t o t he market - ph y s i c i an s , pa ti e n t s and p a y o r s for BOTOX Spasticity and Movement Disorders .
The Assistant/Associate Scientific Director, M e d i c a l A ff a ir s m ust cond u ct t h e i r w o r k ac ti v i ti e s i n c o m p li a n ce wi t h a l l AbbVie i n t e r n a l r e qu i r e m en t s a nd wi t h a l l app l i ca b l e US r e g u l a t o r y r eq u i re m en t s. AbbVie i n t e r n a l r e qu i r e m en t s i n c l u de co m p l i a nce wi t h e t h i c s , en v ir on m en t a l he a l t h and s a f e t y , fi n a nc i a l , hu m an r e s ou r c e s , and g ene r al bu s i n e ss p o l i c i e s , r eq u i r e m en t s, a nd ob j e c t i v e s .
T he e m p l o y ee i s expe c t ed t o be f u ll y c a pa b l e o f p e rf or m i ng r o l es enco m pa s s ed i n t he p r e c ed i ng g r ade l e v e l s w it h i n t h e j ob f a m il y as r e q u i r ed by t h e o r g an i z a t i on. A d d i ti o n al ac t i v it i e s , sp e c i a l p ro j e c t s a nd a s s i g n m en t s m a y be g i ven, as r eq u ir e d. A s a r e su l t , t he p e r c e n t a g e o f t i m e s pent ac r oss k ey du ti e s a nd r e spon si b i l i t i es w i l l v a r y depen d i ng on p r o j e c t a s s i g n m en t s, t he r ape u t i c ar ea ne e ds a nd t h e r equ i r e m en t s w i t h i n the T h e r ape u t i c A r ea.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
A strategic thinker : align and excite internal stakeholders to facilitate success through strong leadership, strategic thinking and personal drive.
First class team player : collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- With oversight, contribute to the development of medical strategies for BOTOX Spasticity & Movement Disorders by leading annual medical tactical planning initiatives
- Additionally, lead the execution of medical affairs projects, such as medical education, advisory boards, thought leader engagement activities and many others aligned with BOTOX Spasticity & Movement Disorders strategic plans
- Be responsible for managing budget for assigned projects including consulting and vendor management
- Lead planning and execution of US Medical Congress activities
- Be responsible for Medical Review (MR) of materials and systems to be used for training and external presentations for BOTOX Spasticity & Movement Disorders
- Support clinical and scientific data generation including alignment of the Investigator Initiated Study strategy as needed to support external communication
- Provide subject matter expertise for field medical teams, health outcomes and commercial teams including competitive assessments and regular scientific literature reviews
- Align medical education and scientific initiatives with BOTOX Spasticity & Movement Disorders Scientific Communication Platform
- Be responsible for driving on-time delivery of publications (abstracts & manuscripts)
- Contribute to the generation of Medical Information (MI) communication content and supports training on MI materials.
- Travel to congresses and other medical conferences as required.
- M e d i c a l de g r ee, Ph D , Ph ar m D and / or o t h er h i g her s c i en t i f i c d e g r e e. P r e f e r a b l y ' boa r d c e r t i f i ed s p ec i a l t y qua l i f i c a ti on' or eq u i v a l e n t a n d ph a r m aceu ti c al i nd u s t r y r eco g n i z ed q ua l i f i c a ti on e. g . MSc
- At least 5 y ea r s of b i oph a r m aceu t i c a l / m ed i cal de v i c e i n du s tr y e x pe r i en c e , i n c l u d i ng substantial understanding of relevant therapeutic area required.
- A good un d e r s t a nd i ng of l e g al a n d r e g u l a t or y g u i de l i nes ( e. g . k no w l ed g e of O P D P p r o m o ti on a l r e g u l a ti o n s, CD E R / CB ER r e g u l a t i ons a s t hey r e l a t e t o d r ug app r o v a ls) .
- A g ood und e r s t an d i ng of G o od C li n i c al P r a c t i ces, I C H g u i de l i ne s , P h R MA co d e, F D A C F R , I S O , c li n i c al r e se a r ch e t h i c s , H I P A A and pa t i e n t p ri v acy l aws, EU D ir e c t i v e and o t her ap p li c ab l e l oc a l r e g u l a t i ons
- A g ood und e r s t an d i ng of Me d i c a l A f f a ir s p r i n c i p l e s , s t u dy de si g n and pu b l i c a ti o n s.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in the design of protocols preferred.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy.
- Ability to work effectively with different cross functional groups and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. (both oral and written)
- Able to coordinate appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc.) as they relate to on-going medical affairs projects.
- Pro f i c i ency w i th e l e c tr o n i c sy s t e m s i nc l u d i n g M i c r os of t O f f i c e Su i t e, S h a r ePo i n t , v i deocon f e r en c i ng p l a t f o r m s
- A b i l it y t o h and l e and p r i o r i ti z e m u lti p l e p r i o r i t i es
In this role, we're looking for a leader who will :
- Act as an Owner
- Be Excellence Focused
- Act as an Influencer
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Allergan, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.