Sr. Metrology Technician
ADMA Biologics is a biopharmaceutical company relentlessly committed to creating superior products for immunodeficient patients at risk for infection. It is our devotion to this underserved population that fuels us and our hands-on approach to production and development that sets us apart. If you are looking for a dynamic, innovative, growing company in the biopharmaceutical industry that is committed to excellence and integrity, then consider ADMA Biologics. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Senior Metrology Technician in Boca Raton, FL!
This position performs calibrations, calculates, and records critical parameters in the certification of instruments and systems. This position also maintains the accuracy and proper functioning of the control and monitoring systems on various equipment and supports ADMA's manufacturing site.
- Major Duties include but are not limited to performing repair, rework, functional test, calibration, certification, and/or fabrication of complex electrical/electronic, liquid and gas flow, pressure, mechanical, temperature, wind speed, environmental, moisture, instrument cleaning and packaging, physical, optical, dimensional, vibration standards, combustible gas, instrumentation repair and other IM & TE using good troubleshooting, calibration, adjustment, and repair techniques and practices.
- Plan sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment.
- Create and maintain equipment files for measuring and test equipment requiring calibration including the collection and completion and filing of data and information related to routine and specific procedures and tests performed. Maintain and update the calibration system database using approved policies and procedures.
- Set up standard and specialized laboratory equipment to test, evaluate and calibrate other measuring and test equipment. Verify and approve data generated during calibrations. Disassemble measuring and test equipment to inspect components for defect. Align, repair and replace component parts and circuitry.
- Devise and use formulae to solve problems in measurement and calibration.
- Co-ordinate Metrology department activities based on information generated by the calibration database.
- Co-ordinate external calibrations and procedures and review certifications.
- Assist Engineering department and Metrology Supervisor in developing tests and Standard Operating Procedures to maintain accuracy of measuring and test equipment.
- Employee may occasionally be required to be on call and /or adjust work hours to accommodate production schedules. Some overtime work may also occasionally be required.
- Personal computer literacy, including familiarity with file management, Microsoft Word, and Excel programs.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education Requirements :
High school diploma, AAS degree or equivalent from two-year college program related to an electronics or electro-mechanical field is preferred. ASQ or equivalent certification as a calibration technician is highly desirable.
Experience Requirements :
Minimum 5 years experience performing calibrations in a cGMP pharmaceutical biologics regulated environment. Prior experience working in a certified calibration laboratory is highly desirable. Ability to read schematics and flow diagrams, troubleshoot circuits and hydraulic systems to the component level. Ability to interpret and follow Standard Operating Procedures and equipment manuals.
Compliance Requirements :
As a part of our Quality Systems and cGMP initiatives, employees are responsible for ensuring compliance with all ADMA Quality policies, standards, and SOPs in their area of work and responsibility. This includes ensuring all Quality Assurance (QA) records and reports, Human Resources (HR) policies, and Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) procedures and practices are completed in a timely manner. Any delay or failure to comply with policies, standards and procedures is required to be communicated/escalated to the appropriate responsible parties, such as QA, HR, or EH&S depending on the issue.
Other Essential Knowledge :
Able to work independently with minimal supervision and corrections. Experience with laboratory and manufacturing measurement equipment, such as chart recorders, temperature controllers, pH and conductivity meters, incubators, autoclaves, multi-meters, pipettes, temperature and humidity transmitters using 4 to 20 milliamp current loops. Knowledge and experience working in a highly regulated environment using approved SOP's and procedures.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401K plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Vision, Life and Dental Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD
- Company Paid Holidays
- 3 Weeks' Paid Time Off (within the first year)
- Tuition Assistance (after the first year)
- Easily accessible to Tri-Rail
- Company paid shuttle to the Boca Tri-Rail station
ADMA Biologics, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
ADMA Biologics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.