Viral Vector Process Development Scientist or Engineer
Cell therapy startup's viral vector group has a new process development scientist or process development engineer position to help drive development of robust and scalable processes for upstream development of clinical viral vectors. Will research, evaluate, design, and implement novel process technologies. Will develop and support process optimization efforts to increase viral robustness, yield, and purity.
Will apply knowledge, innovation, and creative-insights to identifying new ways to improve systems and practices.
Will design and execute experiments and convey the results, data, and analyses through reports and communication to team members and senior staff and through presentations to varied audiences.
As a key technical driver within this newly-formed viral vector group, will help expand the team’s process development capabilities. Will interact regularly with high-caliber, dedicated, and collaborative scientists and engineers from diverse disciplines while conducting pioneering science in a dynamic and mutually supportive work environment. As a viral vector process development driver, will play a key role and have a strategic voice in optimizing viral vector production to advance novel cell therapy development.
This unique and progressive company provides a fertile ground for technical and managerial professional growth. Its leadership is engaged and supportive, the science cutting edge, the co-workers skilled in their respective disciplines, and the work culture collegial and collaborative.
- MS, PhD, or BSE.
- Molecular biology, cell culture, and process development,
- Experience in process development focused in viral development, production, and analytics.
- Hands-on experience applying qPCR / flow cytometry; bioreactor process development and use for viral manufacturing; and medium selection and optimization.
- Experience identifying novel systems and practices.
- Experience developing and supporting process optimization to increase process robustness and improve viral yield and purity.
- Self-direction; organization; attention to detail; ability to multitask; thorough follow through; ability to work well both independently and as a team member; rigorous documentation skills; commitment to generating quality data, quality results, and quality analyses; and the communication skills to clearly report and present to diverse audiences.
HOW TO APPLY:
Use link or email resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job code PDV