Associate Scientific Director
Description - External
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
The Associate Scientific Director oversees the direction, planning, execution and interpretation of clinical trials or research activities of a clinical development program. Participates in cross-functional teams to generate, deliver and interpret high-quality clinical data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
First class team player : collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Manage the design and implementation of one or more clinical development programs in support of an overall Product Development Plan, based on strong medical and scientific principles, knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, AbbVie's customers, markets, business operations and emerging issues. Oversee project-related education of investigators, study site personnel and AbbVie study staff.
- Have responsibility for oversight of clinical studies, monitoring study integrity and review, interpretation and communication of accumulating data pertaining to safety and efficacy of the molecule. Along with Clinical Operations, is responsible for oversight of study enrollment and overall timelines for key deliverables.
- Potentially oversee the work of Assistant Scientific Directors and of Clinical Scientists working on the same or related programs.
- Serve as required, on a Clinical Trial Team (CTT), with responsibility for development of a rigorous, cross-functionally-aligned, vetted Clinical Trial Plan with full consideration of contingencies and alternative approaches.
- Stay abreast of professional information and technology through conferences, medical literature and other available training, to augment expertise in the therapeutic area.
- Ensure adherence to Good Clinical Practices, pharmacovigilance standards, standard operating procedures and to all other quality standards in conducting research.
- PharmD, MS or PhD with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment.
- The ability to provide input and direction to clinical research with appropriate supervision.
- At least 3years of clinical trial experience in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, or equivalent.
- The ability to oversee a clinical research program of moderate complexity with minimal supervision.
- The ability to perform and bring out the best in others on a cross-functional global team. .
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory and compliance requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development of clinical strategy and the design of study protocols.
In this role, we're looking for a leader who will :
• Act as an Owner
• Be Excellence Focused
• Act as an Influencer
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Allergan, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.