Specialty Representative, Eye Care - Boston South
AbbVie is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. AbbVie is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
AbbVie markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, AbbVie is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
AbbVie is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Eye Care Specialty Rx Representative manages the sales efforts for the eye care specialty pharmaceutical portfolio within a sales territory, calling primarily on ophthalmologists, optometrists and key staff members within these practices. The Specialty Representative is responsible for maintaining and growing Rx volumes primarily in the private practice and community based clinic sectors.
This position is a unique Specialty Sales opportunity to join AbbVie's flagship business unit, AbbVie Eye Care with a 70 year heritage within eye care community. AbbVie enjoys a superior reputation among Eye Care Providers where access, relationships and reputation with customers is unrivaled in the industry. The Eye Care culture can be described as a "small company feel" with the resources of a much larger company. If you enjoy a performance culture and competitive environment yet enjoy working with a team, we encourage you to apply. The position provides the opportunity to promote AbbVie's market leading products for Glaucoma (Lumigan, Combigan and Alphagan P) and Dry Eye (Restasis and Refresh) to this unique specialty. The existing product portfolio is broad, differentiated and patent protected for many years. A strong mid to late stage development pipeline includes a number of promising, disruptive new technologies.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all AbbVie internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. AbbVie internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
The company offers flexible career paths with a strong emphasis on opportunity for internal mobility.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
The Territory Manager position requires a strong technical aptitude, advanced selling skills, analytical skills and account management expertise. Effectively selling the AbbVie eye care portfolio requires strong formulary pull through and prescription fulfillment via eRx and comprehensive staff education.
Territory success is generated through a high degree of customer contact, exceptional clinical selling skills and a demonstrated proficiency and willingness to tactfully and skillfully hold customers accountable to commitments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher required
- Minimum 2 years of pharmaceutical, medical device or healthcare industry sales experience strongly preferred
- Will consider exceptional candidates with a minimum of 2 years proven Business to Business (B2B) sales experience
- Demonstrated sales achievement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong scientific and technical aptitude to sell multiple specialty therapeutics
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Ophthalmology or Optometric sales background preferred
- Customer knowledge with eye care specialists in local area preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively work with internal partners and a diverse and evolving customer base
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences, therapeutic decision makers, and other influencers externally and internally
- Strong organizational, analytical and business planning skills
- Capacity to manage budgets, expenses and execute marketing plans
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to drive business objectives
- Ability to work in a sales driven environment and exceed goals
- Ability to travel adequately to cover territory, as well as overnight attendance at training meetings
- Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver's license
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Allergan, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.