IT - Sr. Technical Support Engineer & Administrator
IGM Biosciences (Nasdaq: IGMS) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on creating and developing engineered IgM antibodies. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to improve upon the efficacy and safety of IgG antibodies in multiple therapeutic applications.
We have created a proprietary IgM antibody technology platform that we believe is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists, and targeted cytokines. Our lead product candidate, IGM-2323, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3, and we have initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory B cell Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) patients in 2019. Our second product candidate is IGM-8444, an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5) for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies, for which we have recently initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial. Also in our product pipeline is IGM-7354, a bispecific IgM antibody delivering interleukin-15 (IL-15) cytokines to PD-L1 expressing cells for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
We are seeking an experienced technical support engineer and administrator who can succeed in multiple roles in our expanding early stage biotechnology company of 60 plus. In this dynamic role, you will be the IT point person providing maintenance and support for all facets of the existing computing environment including hardware, software, network, and servers. You will also assist with the evaluation and deployment of business applications and other projects.
The ideal candidate will be a versatile individual who has both a “roll up the sleeves” mentality and excellent customer service skills and can forge ahead independently with minimal direct supervision. A big plus would be someone who also possesses strategic and technical experience in a corporate setting. For the right candidate, this can be a growth position with an opportunity to lead the creation and management of the company’s processes and technology roadmaps. In this role, you will report to the CFO.
- Timely response to and effective technical support for all areas within the corporate computing infrastructure including laptops, lab desktops, applications, mobile devices, and network connectivity.
- Manage inventory, distribution and setup of computers, software and other IT assets.
- Manage business systems and applications including telephone/communications systems, internet service, security systems, audio/visual and display equipment, room reservation system, printers, domain accounts, Office 365, and VPN.
- Assess, provision, install/configure, operate, and deploy third-party applications for integration and implementation into the existing infrastructure, i.e., ERP system.
- Collaborate with our consulting systems engineer in maintaining Windows server, systems hardware and software, network and related infrastructure.
- Identify network and security vulnerabilities and develop solutions to mitigate the risks and be able to apprise executive management and the board of directors of findings.
- Maintain and keep current the knowledge base, process and inventory documentation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience, preferably some in biotech.
- Positive, can-do attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with all levels in the company from entry level personnel to board of directors.
- Approachable and responsive user support attitude.
- Strong technical skills and adept at problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Self-starter with capability to complete tasks & projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in selection, implementation and ongoing administration of an ERP system, preferably in a manufacturing-intensive biotech company, is helpful.
- Working knowledge of collaboration and communications platforms, i.e., Box, Office 365.
- Advanced knowledge of a range of computer systems, software, applications, hardware, and PC and Mac operating systems.
- Knowledge of Windows network computing and networking fundamentals.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, data privacy practices and laws as they relate to the management of IT Infrastructure in GMP environments is helpful.
- Public company experience is helpful.
- Must be able to commute daily to Mountain View and work on-site. Must be available for emergency assistance off-site on nights and weekends.
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based and family-like work environment. It is one of our biggest goals to maintain our company culture.
One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we are offering robust and comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance. The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
- STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 10 holidays
- Cell phone & internet subsidy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual training budget for professional development
- Commuter Benefit
- Annual bonus program
- New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.