Technical Services Research Associate III
Mispro Biotech Services is seeking a Technical Services Research Associate III for its South San Francisco location. The candidate will be responsible for and perform technical tasks for in vivo research studies and/or support studies. This position will report to the Manager of Technical Services.
Major Accountabilities & Essential Functions:
- Independently perform preclinical in vivo research activities & studies on small to medium sized animals, which may require surgery, necropsy, test article administration, and blood and tissue collection for analysis.
- Verify proper formulation of solutions for dosing.
- Perform data collection, entry, and analysis; computer and mathematical applications.
- Labeling and organizing supplies needed for each study and ensuring they are available when needed at our outside in vivo facility.
- Prepares, collects, and records research data and specimens in compliance with applicable regulations and SOPs. Responsible for monitoring research animals housed in animal facilities; maintains clinical records.
- Understand and ensure compliance with IACUC protocols.
- Manage, organize, and maintain inventory of samples from studies, shipping manifests, chemicals, and storage areas
- Perform routine and moderately complex animal husbandry tasks and monitor daily health and welfare.
- In a matrix environment, collaborate with team members and coordinate assigned activities with other teams to ensure timely completion.
- Review study reports, provide feedback on accuracy of materials and report results to senior research staff.
- Performs assigned technical duties and services in support of the Operations department. Maintains inventory of pharmaceutical, surgical, and animal-related supplies.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and move heavy objects and be able to work from a standing position for prolonged time periods and perform repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be available to support weekend, holiday, emergency, and after-hour operational responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
Qualifying Candidate Profile
The qualified candidate will have strong interpersonal (transparency, professionalism, integrity, trust) and communication skills (written, verbal), a strong commitment to providing quality research service support, and dedicated to providing humane animal care in accordance with all guidelines and regulations pertaining to Laboratory Animal Care. Must be reliable, able to work well independently, and willing to participate in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, while demonstrating a focus on individual accountability for attention to detail in delivering quality and consistent results in the execution of all daily husbandry duties.
- 2-year degree in basic science, animal science, or veterinary science is required.
- AALAS-LAT certification is required
- Generous employer-paid portion for medial & dental for employee and dependent coverage
- Annual incentive/bonus program
- Employer matching 401K plan
- Generous time off: vacation, holidays, personal days, and floating holidays
- Sick time
- Parental Leave
- Other benefits offered include vision, group and voluntary life/AD&D, Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital indemnity plans; MetLife Law, and Identify Theft Protection; Commuter benefits through Chard Snyder; FSA – Medical and Dependent care coverage
- Tuition reimbursement