Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology. We believe we are inventing a new drug discovery paradigm involving covalent modification and proteome-wide selectivity screening. As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. We believe that the whole team contributes to the overall mission. We succeed as a team, and we grow as a team.
As a senior member of the Vividion chemistry department, the successful candidate will be able to contribute to all priority phases of the drug discovery process including library growth, hit identification, hit to lead, and guide lead optimization programs to successful Development Candidate nominations and IND submissions. The preferred candidate will be comfortable balancing the use traditional approaches, exploring novelty on the cutting edge of modern small-molecule drug discovery, and have a thirst to constantly learn.
Education and Experience requirements:
- PhD +/- post doctoral experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- 8+ years of industry experience in small molecule drug discovery with a clear understanding of program strategy, therapeutic hypothesis, assay relevance and clinical translation, and the importance of physical-chemical properties as it relates to enabling late stage in vivo studies and clinical dosing
- A clear command of classical and modern synthetic methodology and reaction mechanism
- Expertise to craft compounds that fully exploit insights from ligand and/or structure-based design while fully exploiting all available synthetic methods.
- Proven leadership skills within and across multiple functions as part of integrated drug discovery teams as exemplified by delivery of development candidate small molecules
- Experience in mentoring and managing both internal junior chemists and outsource chemistry resources
- Excitement and unhesitating commitment to advance a rapidly growing biotech organization in any way necessary including from the lab as needed
Required Key Attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to challenge dogma
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.