Sr. Director / Vice President, Corporate Controller
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of "off-the-shelf" gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
DIRECTOR / VICE PRESIDENT, CORPORATE CONTROLLER
The Sr. Director / Vice President, Corporate Controller will have responsibility for all day-to-day accounting and financial reporting activities of the company and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The Sr. Director/Vice President, Corporate Controller will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of financial systems and internal controls, tax, financial policies and procedures and stock administration, and will participate in the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Maintain robust accounting records, policies and procedures
- Close the books in a timely manner in accordance with US GAAP
- Generate monthly reporting package: general ledger; proper cutoff; journal entries; account reconciliations
- Coordinate with program leaders on clinical and CMC accruals
- Coordinate with internal control SOX specialists to design, implement and oversee internal controls; as needed longer term, implement SOX 404.
- Audits - manage annual financial audit, draft financial statements
- Act as a thought partner to the CFO and key stakeholders, providing valuable strategic analysis and insights
- Coordinate with technical accounting specialists to research accounting literature and prepare accounting and financial reporting position papers
- Support and oversee implementation of the company's finance IT systems (ERP, purchase order, bill payment and other ancillary systems)
- Monitor cash and investments, including compliance with the Company's cash management policy and treasury internal controls
- Tax - manage tax returns and tax provision with external tax advisor; R&D tax credit; other annual tasks include 1099's, property tax filings, sales and use tax, CA SOS filing, state annual filings, US Census reports, etc.
- Treasury/cash management - monitor bank funds to ensure accounts have adequate cash to support needs; approve wire transfers; reconcile bank accounts, provide cash activity summary to management; all journal entries surrounding cash/investments
- Accounts Payable - supervise A/P staff in this role
- Payroll - supervise payroll staff in this role
- Stock Administration - oversee outside vendors for stock administration and annual stock compensation calculation
- 401(k) - As necessary, coordinate with the 401(k) administrator and manage 401K audit process and annual Form 5500 filing; with plan provider and external audit firm
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS/MS/MBA in Accounting; MBA preferred; CPA required
- 8-12 years' minimum experience of general accounting, financial statement preparation and stock compensation accounting
- Previous experience in Big 4 strongly preferred
- Public Company Controller or SEC Reporting experience required
- Experience in stock-based compensation and understanding of the Black Scholes Model highly desired
- Knowledge and understanding of biopharma industry required
- Relevant financial leadership experience, including the building and leading of teams with competence to enable organizational scale in a public company environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), technical accounting and financial reporting requirements
- Ability to deliver strategic business insights in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with accounting systems implementation.
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Business Central (preferred but not required)
- Able to work well with the executive leadership team and other senior leadership team members, as well as lead and develop other accounting team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.