Senior IT Support Engineer
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women's health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women's health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior IT Support Engineer. The position reports to the Head of IT. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior IT Support Engineer will partner with the business to provide world class support and expertise in ensuring that all systems are operating at full capacity in order for end users to accomplish daily business tasks smoothly and seamlessly. We are a high-functioning and cohesive team focused on providing an amazing customer experience and while also identifying opportunities to unlock growth across the company and doing it all with a keen eye on security. We're here to make work easier and more efficient for our colleagues, problem-solve for things that need to be fixed, implement and improve processes. Candidates for this position must possess strong customer service and communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent organizational skills are a must for this fast paced, high visibility position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as primary lead for support tier 1-2
- Acts as first point of contact and resolution for issues reported by the business and Executive Committee
- Trains, mentors, and develops desktop support team members to promote first contact resolution
- Provides technical support using phone, email, remote, and desk side support
- Oversees the records of changes in computer and phone equipment
- Manages issues by documenting progress and conveying status updates using the ticketing system
- Researches and recommends innovative solutions that automate desktop support activities
- Maintains written documentation and maintenance procedures for implementation projects
- Provides quality assurance and system standards by following industry best practices
- Administration of enterprise e-mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision and at times with limited direction, while ensuring complete ownership and resolution of issues and tasks
- Takes a personal interest in, and accountability for, quality of work performed and tasked with
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
- Perform hands-on support at the desktop and system level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, servers, printers, and peripherals.
- Provide and ensure high-quality audio-visual support via zoom for all key company meetings
- Overseeing the team in deploying laptops with over 1,500 endpoints.
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts or 8 + years of equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 and Server 2012+
- 8+ years Office 365 experience preferably with Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Expert experience in applications such as Office 365, Bomgar, Okta, Mobile Device Management, Zoom meeting, DocuSign, Concur, SharePoint, Box.com and Password Management Tool.
- Expertise with computer hardware, including Lenovo Laptops, iPad, docking stations, phones, and printers.
- Proficient knowledge in Palo Alto VPN tunnel and Global Protect applications
- Active Directory and GPO
- Active directory configurations and architecture
- VMware knowledge is advantageous
- Experience with deployment management and service desk tools
- Experience with desktop imaging with MDT
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP, DNS, vLANS, network switches, AV hardware and printer management
- Cisco Meraki experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of PowerShell scripting
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb, and lift up to 50 pounds
- 40-hour on-site work week. Occasional overtime as needed.
- Available nights and weekends for on call rotations.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity