Scientist, Discovery Biology
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is excited to hire a passionate biologist to join our discovery biology team. This role will involve creatively thinking about biomedical problems and independent design and execution of experiments with the goal of advancing biologic medicines to clinical development. An ideal candidate will be a soon-to-be or recent PhD graduate in the life sciences with a big-picture understanding of mammalian biology.
- Designing and executing independent experiments
- Consistent critical review of scientific and patent literature
- Presenting to internal project teams and R&D Leadership
- Liaising with Commercial Research Organizations (CROs) and academic collaborators
- Lead select research meetings
- Working with a team to develop assays and perform experiments
- Teaching techniques to collaborators and research associates
- Deep understanding of mammalian biology
- Substantial mammalian cell culture experience
- Substantive experience with in-vivo models experiments
- Proficiency in experimental design and execution
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to consistently understand and articulate scientific concepts and interpret data
- Excellent project management skills
- Well-versed in Excel and Graph Pad Prism
- PhD in biological sciences, with 0-2 years of experience since graduating
- Track record of high-impact publications and presentations
- Deeply passionate about Biology and scientific discovery
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program participation, 401(k) and a comprehensive, industry-leading, benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"
We have become aware of false offers of employment being made by individuals impersonating NGM representatives in order to collect personal information and/or payment. Please exercise caution when receiving unsolicited recruiting offers. NGM always lists all open positions on the NGM careers page and all employment applications must be submitted through our online portal. NGM will never solicit payment or payment information from candidates. Please be advised that NGM is not currently hiring in any countries other than the US. We never request that candidate information be sent to a non-ngmbio.com email address.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.