Senior Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Operations
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Operations, this position is responsible for assisting all aspects of the clinical development activities and interfacing with vendors and investigators to optimize program efficiency across NGM’s clinical trials, as appropriate. The successful candidate must have a good business acumen and some background in liver and/or metabolic diseases who has demonstrated well-rounded experiences in clinical trial execution, preferably from study start-up, trial initiation, maintenance and closure.
NGM values team players who are comfortable working with a shared resource pool and operating in a nimble, fast-paced environment.
The SCRA, Clinical Operations, will be part of the integral team to support the clinical development program, providing supports in timelines, budgets, planning and implementation of clinical trials and communications with vendors and sites.
- Initial core duties and responsibilities of the SCRA, Clinical Operations include:
- Ensures that NGM’s clinical trials are properly executed within budget and in accordance with established timelines and quality standards
- Provides support in all aspects clinical trial including but not limited to tracking of site activation and subject enrollment status, accruing of study activities, reviewing of study documents (eg, protocol, ICF, education materials, CRF, monitoring reports, study plans), participating in team meetings and user access testing, from study initiation, recruitment, maintenance and close-out activities
- Follows clinical operations quality systems, including standard operating procedures, document management and quality control processes to support NGM’s clinical trials
- Works closely with relevant cross-functional team members to support clinical trial activities
- Participates in review of study-related outputs such as tables, figures, listings, clinical study reports, and publications, as appropriate
- BS required / Postgraduate level degree (MS/PhD) preferred
- At least 4 years of clinical operations/drug development experience in pharmaceutical/biotech organization(s); US and global clinical trial experiences preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of scientific methodology and applications within clinical development
- Must be comfortable in assessing complex problems and synthesizing solutions based on evolving datasets and information
- Possess excellent communication skills to represent department internally and company externally
- Basic knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), FDA and EMEA/CHMP regulations and guidelines; familiarity with other international regulatory requirements is a plus
- Candidates who have not had background in liver diseases should have demonstrated clinical development experience and proficiency in metabolic diseases
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k), ESPP and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"
We have become aware of false offers of employment being made by individuals impersonating NGM representatives in order to collect personal information and/or payment. Please exercise caution when receiving unsolicited recruiting offers. NGM always lists all open positions on the NGM careers page and all employment applications must be submitted through our online portal. NGM will never solicit payment or payment information from candidates. Please be advised that NGM is not currently hiring in any countries other than the US. We never request that candidate information be sent to a non-ngmbio.com email address.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.