AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Performs welding operations associated with the installation and repair of all types of equipment and buildings. Able to read and layout own work off blueprints and drawings. Has the responsibility of choosing the welding method. Must be able to certify in certain types of welding to be able to perform job function.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Maintains repairs on equipment to avoid breakdowns and accidents by welding pipelines, pumps, tractors, fork lift trucks, railings and other assigned equipment. Must have pipefitting abilities
- Cuts metals to prescribed dimensions; Prepares surface prior to welding, grinds out rust and fills in cracks.
- Purge weld pipes to remove impurities to avoid contaminants from solutions, irrigations, etc. Use inert gas (Argon, Carbon Dioxide) to purge pipes.
- Must be able to use hand and power tools and must be able to read gauges.
- Perform electric high frequency welding on aluminum products.
- May become certified through the State of Illinois to weld on tanks under ASME section IX.
- Must be trainable on passivation procedures and pickle paste procedures.
- Must be able to complete projects and installations in a timely manner, be organized and able to perform multiple task assignments.
- Must be able to solder and perform pipefitting duties.
- Properly set-up and operate Electric Shielded Metal Arc Welder (SMAC), Gas Cutting Equipment, Electric Inert Gas Welder (MIG) and Electric Gas Tungston Inert Gas Welder (TIG).
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 years industrial or commercial experience in a related field, an apprenticeship in welding/pipefitting, or military training in a related field.
- Good communication skills (oral and written), and some computer knowledge to work with a computer management system are needed.
- Understand engineering standards and know where they are located. Must have full range of mathematic skills, including shop math fractions and angles for layouts.
- Must have good operating knowledge of valves and how they operate.
- Must have good trouble shooting skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.