Senior Clinical Project Manager
Healthcare has often been faceless and overwhelming. But, in the next few years, a wave of patient-centered technology and services will begin to transform the way healthcare is accessed, distributed, and discovered. This has only accelerated due to the new pandemic.
At Clara, we’re doing our part by building a platform that combines leading-edge technology and empathetic patient-focus to make it simple and approachable to find and connect to clinical trials that fit them best.
Recently, we've launched World Without Covid, a free service, built on this platform, to connect people with ways they can contribute or access COVID-related trials to accelerate diagnostic, therapeutic and vaccines development.
In democratizing access to clinical trials for all patients from all socioeconomic backgrounds - while also helping research teams more efficiently reach out to and engage with the patients that they need to participate in their trials - we believe we can help make healthcare more diverse, open, and welcoming and the world a healthier place.
This is the first step in our mission to be the most trusted partner in furthering any healthcare journey.
If you want to work with driven teammates to help break down the barriers that exist in today’s healthcare landscape, shortening a time to a cure, and if you want to work on difficult, meaningful problems that millions are waiting for solutions to, we would love to talk to you.
This is a full-time remote role with the option to work from our San Francisco headquarters.
As a project manager, you work together with our clients, internal team members, and vendors to directly improve and accelerate clinical research by keeping our projects running at optimal quality while staying on time and on budget. This will involve managing all project deliverables, and continuously providing feedback to your team to help improve overall performance and mitigate risks.
To fulfill our mission, we partner with patient advocacy groups, innovative digital health companies, data companies, clinical trial sites, and pharma/biotech to create an innovative model that empowers patients to connect with clinical trials. You will also be responsible for managing the relationships with advocacy groups and vendors on an as needed basis for the studies you manage.
- Acting as primary liaison with clients, owning and growing client relationships to become a trusted point of contact to clients
- Acting as primary liaison with clinical trial sites, working to onboard them to the Clara Health platform and be their primary point of contact with Clara Health to ensure that they are supported in their daily operations
- Constantly analyzing project requirements, implementing prompt resolution of issues, and ensuring that Clara Health’s obligations to the client are delivered on time, follow high quality standards, and meet client expectations
- Monitoring and reporting daily performance against existing service agreements, providing insight into potential risks, and identifying causes for all aspects of client delivery performance failures
- Manages the operational aspects of weekly client meetings and ad-hoc client meeting requests including everything from agenda development, content to present through to action item review and closure
- Ability to successfully manage client expectations when project priorities and demands shift quickly
- Providing internal stakeholders with key program updates and development timelines
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and operate with clear understanding of program goals and objectives
- Ability to identify project risks and communicate plan for resolution both internally and externally
- Wearing multiple hats as a lead, and individual contributor throughout the project
- Distributing prioritization lists to project team members, adjusting task durations, proactively following-up to ensure task completion, updating project task delegations and workflow modifications as necessary
- Managing vendor relationships as needed, ensuring our vendor partners deliver against time, quality and budget targets for each project
- Assist with researching trial protocols, competitive landscapes, and patient communities to determine appropriate scope of work and quote generation in contracts.
- Overseeing client payment issues as needed, and communicating with the billing department regarding customer invoicing needs
- Ensuring managed studies are progressing according to internal and Customer quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practices (GCPs) or appropriate regulatory requirements, and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines to fulfill all federal and local regulations.
- Identifying sales opportunities and working alongside the sales team to contract new implementations, services, or platform access for clients
- Minimum 6+ years of experience working in or providing service line offerings to pharmaceutical and/or biotech clients
- Clinical research experience
- Broad understanding of the concepts, practices and procedures of clinical trial management and operations, patient recruitment and participant retention for clinical trials
- Knowledge of good clinical practices with an understanding of the players involved in today’s clinical trials landscape
- Experience working with decentralized teams to drive a project forward is a plus
Benefits designed to support your health and wellness
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- Daily lunch when in office
- 401k offered through Human Interest
- Contribution towards fitness membership plans
- Free One Medical membership
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Professional development budget
Clara Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.