Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is looking for a qualified Histology Technician to support our contract with National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease in Frederick, MD.
• Support pathology and histology services in the following major areas of research: o Gross pathology, including assisting with high-containment/biosafety level (BSL)-4 necropsy o Histopathology o Electron microscopy
• Provide routine and specialized pathology support within BSL-4 necropsy suites and full-service histopathology and electron microscopy laboratories, including performing reagent changes and standard laboratory maintenance, materials preparation, data management, and specimen archival. • Assist with high-containment/BSL-4 postmortem examinations of a variety of species, including rodents and nonhuman primates.
• Will be required to be on-call for evening/weekend/holiday duty providing necropsy support or performing other duties as required by the contract.
• Perform processing, embedding, microtomy, and standard hematoxylin and eosin staining of tissue sections, a myriad of special histochemical stains, immunohistochemical stains using chromogenic and fluorescent dyes, and in situ hybridization staining protocols. Operate digital scanning for archiving of stained tissue sections as whole slide images via the Leica Aperio slide scanner.
• Perform a variety of embedding and processing techniques for both transmission and scanning electron microscopy, including immunogold labeling of individual epitopes in both in vitro cell and ex vivo tissue sections using the Leica EM IGL labeling system and virus particle quantification
• May provide scientific expertise for experimental design and other aspects of research as needed.
Associate Degree in Science and completion of a Histology Technician or Technologist Program with current credentials via the accredited American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification
• Ability to work in BSL-4 setting
Required Skills and Experience
• Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
• Must have current HT/HTL Certification or eligibility to attain certification via ASCP.
• Must have three (3) or more years of experience providing expert histopathology services including: necropsy, gross and microscopic tissue examination and dissection, routine processing, embedding, microtomy, routine H&E slide staining and coverslipping, histochemistry, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, tissue processing for electron microscopy, and digital photography
. • Ability to obtain/maintain DoJ Security Risk Assessment (SRA) approval.
• Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved Investigational New Drugs (IND) recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents.
• Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening
. • Must have the ability to obtain/maintain certification in the Biological Personnel Reliability Program.
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain CDC Select Agent Program approval.
• Willingness to work under BSL-3, and BSL-4 conditions. Able to wear respiratory protection.
• Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience working with viral Select Agents is highly desired.
• Good Laboratory Practice experience is preferred.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. • Basic understanding of laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
• Demonstrate interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently.
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com