Manager - Advanced Analytics
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Will play a critical role in transforming Commercial Investment Optimization capability in the environment of omni-channel customer engagement, an increasingly diverse product and brand portfolio, and evolving distribution channels and stakeholders. Will be responsible for providing analytic support and data driven guidance for optimization of marketing, sales, and other commercial investments across multiple therapeutic areas and brands. Will play a critical role in generation of investment optimization opportunities through promotion response modeling, segmentation, and other data analytics, data mining and statistical modelling techniques. Will Collaborate with Brand Analytics and business teams to help formulate commercial investment strategy, identify tactical opportunities, enhance promotional programs, and develop metrics for measuring and improving program execution. Will collaborate with Customer Analytics and Data Strategy teams to design, build, and implement the Integrated Dynamic Optimization capability.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to deliver marketing mix and other models, investment scenario simulation and optimization, to provide guidance for future investment and promotional execution across the U.S. product portfolio
- Design, develop, and execute data and analytic processes to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and ROI across promotional channels and tactics, including Sales Force Detailing, Peer-to-Peer programs, HCP professional events, Direct-to-Consumer initiatives across media, digital, and Point-of-Care channels
- Design and execute in depth data analytics projects comprising of linear/ non-linear regression and other statistical models to quantify impact of key promotional tactics and to answer various ad-hoc business questions
- Collaborate with Brand Analytics and business teams to formulate strategic and tactical investment recommendations, identify tactical and campaign opportunities, measure and improve campaign and program execution
- Foster consultative engagement with key stakeholders
- Create and conduct presentations and read-outs
- Directly or via vendors, execute core analyses with limited supervision
- Collaborate with Customer Analytics to develop and implement the Integrated Dynamic Optimization capability to enable real-time optimization of customer experiences and commercial investments in omni-channel environment, at the customer, account, territory, and total Area levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or analytic discipline required; Advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience in advanced analytics and statistical modeling in areas of business analysis, forecasting, promotion effectiveness and optimization
- Experience in one or more industries/ verticals such as Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Package Goods, Retail, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to consider multiple sources of data and integrate them to deliver actionable recommendations to internal customer
- Strong Consulting and communication skills (written and verbal) for effective advocacy and influencing
- Demonstrated ability to present complex issues to higher level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- Skilled in identifying needs and developing creative solutions to business problems
- Experience in creating or managing real-time, automated, and self-learning analytic tools using emerging software applications
- In-depth knowledge of various data mining and statistical modelling techniques
- Hands-on experience with software such as Python, R, SAS, SQL, Excel, VBA, etc.
- Familiarity with various prescription and patient data sources such as Symphony Health (Wolters Kluwer), IQVIA, etc.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.