Occupational Health Nurse
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Under the direction of the AbbVie Global Occupational Health Management, this position will be accountable for furthering the strategic mission of work-related injury/illness prevention and the improvement of employee health, well-being and productivity in a global company. This position will also support the occupational health and fitness center integration.
• Provide guidance and support on occupational health related issues, concerns, and initiatives to Stakeholders for identified business areas
• Injury/Illness medical case management in collaboration with on-site Occupational Health teams, Environmental Health and Safety teams, AbbVie Leave's Management and 3rd party worker's compensation administrators
• Support the development and implementation of new and existing health clinics, both onsite and contract
• Work collaboratively with Benefits and Wellness organization to support company global well-being strategy promoting the health of employees enterprise wide.
• Support contract development and implementation for AbbVie internal/external health clinics, fitness centers and contract physician
• Work collaboratively with AbbVie business partners on (i.e.: Crisis Management, Environmental Health and Safety, Commercial HR, Global Citizenship, and etc.) on various personal health and occupational health related initiatives such as, but not limited to: communicable disease initiatives, Total Worker Health, completion of Occupational Health section of Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), and etc.
• Develop new and/or update existing Global Occupational Health documents including medical surveillance procedures and technical guidance that will be implemented enterprise wide in response to changing business needs and emerging issues
• Support ongoing strategies of the Global Health Scorecard to drive improvements in health, safety and well-being
• Support occupational health activities required for Federal Motor Safety Administration (FMCSA)Provide oversight and direction related to the Electronic Medical Records systems used within AbbVie to document employee work related medical records/documentation
• Bachelor of Science with a focus in occupational health services or public health preferred
• 6-8 years of experience. At least two years in an occupational health clinic setting. Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN-S). Registered nurse with a current unencumbered state license
• Strong working knowledge of OSHA regulations, FMLA, workers' compensation case management and medical accommodation principles. In-depth knowledge of occupational health principals and practice. Strong knowledge of safety principles and regulations
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.