Associate Director, USMA Field Tools
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This position is responsible for field tools for US Medical Affair's (USMA) Field Teams; direction, operational processes, resources, and tools that enable the infield medical teams to be more effective and efficient. This position leads industry best practices and benchmarking for infield team's technology solutions. This position works with senior medical field and therapeutic area leaders across all franchises to recommend initiatives, approaches, and plans of action with the goal to improve overall infield team productivity and impact using technology. This position is the business owner and acts on behalf of medical field teams in leading large multi-disciplinary field sales technology initiatives including Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM) upgrades, field hardware and technology deployments, and other infield medical systems, platforms and operational processes.
- Responsible for medical field initiatives and technology projects. Acts as the business owner, core team member, and/or steering committee member on field technology initiatives. Identifies key stakeholders and gains buy-in on approaches and projects across all functions in Commercial Analytics and Operations, Business Technology Solutions (BTS), Medical Operations and/or Therapeutic Areas. Sets project priorities and manages resource needs. Facilitates communication and key decisions with stakeholders. Oversees initiatives to ensure all key business deliverables and milestones are met.
- Develops long range strategic plans for the medical field technology platform that drive a competitive advantage for medical field teams. Proactively develops strategies and plans that meet business needs for each therapeutic area. Gains competitive market knowledge and benchmarks against competitors to validate strategic direction. Develops medical field technology solutions, business & financial justifications for key projects.
- Leads a team of direct reports and contractors to deliver projects within the timelines agreed upon by USMA's stakeholders.
- Systems Subject Matter Expert works in conjunction with the Digital Learning Team and/or our department communications member to identify training/education and communications opportunities to pull through system use. Lead a team that provides systems training to new hires, provides support during field meetings, facilitates focus groups, and presents systems capabilities to key internal stakeholders.
- Creates and maintains a wide and deep network of relationships across senior leaders within the therapeutic areas and BTS organization. Viewed as a trusted partner and has established credibility and respect with medical field management and functional support teams. Ability to influence key stakeholders to gain approval on strategic initiatives. Extensive experience in understanding the underlying business needs and translating to holistic medical field technology solutions.
• BA, BS degree required. Master's degree in business, I.T. or science preferred
• 7 years-experience (preferred) with a combination of Field Team Support, Operations, Information Technology, Project Management, Pharma and technology experience
• Strong project management, team leadership, problem solving, and communication skills; Ability to clearly and confidently articulate complex and difficult concepts
• Extensive understanding of pharmaceutical field activities, roles and behaviors; Excellent business acumen, understanding of Compliance, Legal, Med/Reg drivers and guidance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access; Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously with sense of urgency. Strong project management, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong customer and operations focus; Confidence in providing subject matter expertise to cross functional partners
• Ability to develop and deliver training and communications; public speaking ability addressing both small and larger groups
• Experience in developing, deploying, and managing effective IT systems, quality control procedures, and comfort in directing low level analytics
• Ability to thrive in a team environment; Ability to develop and execute innovative, creative solutions
• Experience with Veeva and/or Salesforce a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.