Patient Access Manager, RAVICTI
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
Geography: Mid Atlantic (DC, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV)
- Assesses the individual needs of the patient and develops an appropriate education plan of action, taking into account the patient's family and team of healthcare providers.
- Educate the office staff regarding billing, coding, healthcare reform and other pertinent issues regarding access to healthcare.
- Works closely with the Horizon Pharma case management team and also Horizon's regional business management representatives.
- Ensure a smooth process for drug access, the team works with the patient to help obtain authorization prior to treatment. Sometimes services are performed without a pre-authorization and the PAM and the case manager's work together to resolve any related issues.
- Guide the patient through the appeals process and coordinate the delivery of appropriate documentation for each appeal in order to maintain coverage for medical services.
- Provide accessible co-pay assistance programs, national foundations and free drug programs; and are able to provide information for these options to patients as needed.
- Develop a cohesive relationship with the patients and their families as they navigate through the healthcare system and the options that may be available.
- Empower the patient to become their own advocate.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of prior relationship management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of field based experience in account management, sales or medical affairs
- Minimum 5 years pharma/account management experience
- Buy and bill experience and success required
- Biologic/biotech reimbursement experience preferred
- Rheumatology therapeutic area experience preferred
- Experience working with institutions and integrated delivery networks preferred
- Experience working in a team environment which successfully partners with all Commercial Operations functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands (additions as needed):
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to carry, handle and reach for objects
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, e.g. computer, phones, etc.
- Access to transportation to attend various meetings/events held in proximity to the Horizon offices and meetings.
- Requires approximately 50-60 % travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.