MBA Intern, Payer Marketing (Summer 2021)
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The HorizonTherapeutics Internship Program offers aspiring professionals an opportunity to build a strong foundation of business acumen, technical skills, and knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to providing program participants with experience-based learning, multidimensional assignments, targeted training, and continual coaching and development.
- Support the development of marketing programs to generate access and awareness within the payer and trade channels.
- Conduct research to better understand evolving needs of key accounts.
- Develop marketing materials; gain exposure to training for Field, including how to effectively highlight the core clinical, financial and adherence messages for payer and trade channels.
- Gain knowledge of the business and market dynamics that can affect the products' development.
- Develop understanding of performance through utilization of secondary data sources to assess performance of Horizon products in the managed care channel and competitive market activity. Analyze secondary data to uncover opportunities and threats to the business.
- Participate in activities to assess payer and trade opinions and behaviors.
- Evaluate payer segmentation and recommend options to optimize.
- Provide key insights into payer/trade business critical processes like contracting, payer sales force operations and customer level support/analysis.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Currently working towards a Master's degree in Business or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Facility with key performance metrics and data analysis
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills, and an ability to thrive in a cross-functional team setting
- Self-starter attitude
- Ability to work individually and handle self-driven projects efficiently
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent presentation and power point skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.