Technology Lead, US Specialty Care Models
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Care Model Technology Lead is the technology account executive, business relationship manager and portfolio manager for a cross functional brand team in US Patient Services.
The Care Model Technology Lead is responsible to proactively understand patient services strategies, educate cross-functional teams on existing technology capabilities, and influence/develop capabilities roadmaps. He/she will stay on top of technology trends and partner with various technology towers to recommend the use of new technology capabilities, balancing opportunities for innovation, business benefits, existing IT standards, and IT roadmaps.
The Care Model Technology Lead will report to the US Specialty Care Model Lead and will work with US Specialty Franchises.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- This position is responsible for overseeing and designing a portfolio of technology projects from ideation to completion, including securing cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline. He/she is expected to work effectively across various IT shared services teams, external Marketing Agencies, and other Commercial business stakeholders.
- Proactively understand the business strategies and the technology needs of assigned Brands.
- Identify current and emerging business needs and evaluates technology solutions to balance short term and long-term objectives.
- Understand both data and technology capabilities already in use across AbbVie and recommend appropriate application.
- Contribute in the creation of Brand specific data and technology roadmaps to support the strategic needs of the Brand. Ensure alignment between evolving business needs and corporate technology strategies. Provide visibility to business and technology leadership on the status, benefits, costs, and risks of new requests and in-process projects.
- Develop comprehensive project estimates and timelines by soliciting input and collecting feedback from all impacted stakeholders. Work across IT and business functions to negotiate and secure the availability of resources to meet the demands of the Brand.
- Ensure that systems are architected in a way that results in technology synergies and simplified integration to help manage multi-vendor relationships and Home Office Data Integrations. Effectively work with business functions like Marketing, Managed Health Care, Marketing Analytics, and HEOR to drive for results. Act with urgency and passion. Help others be successful.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures. Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in business systems analysis, software development or project management.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions. Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end users experience. Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Master's in Information Systems, MBA, or Biomedical / Health Informatics
- Experience with data integration projects or care coordination platforms.
- B2B and B2C marketing experience including digital marketing and familiarity with social media.
- Understands the pharmaceutical market including role of providers, patients, payers, distributors and policy makers.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and health data compliance best practices.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or proficient in project management practices, portfolio review, finance and budgeting.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.