RA/SRA, Cell-line Development
IGM Biosciences (Nasdaq: IGMS) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on creating and developing engineered IgM antibodies. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to improve upon the efficacy and safety of IgG antibodies in multiple therapeutic applications.
We have created a proprietary IgM antibody technology platform that we believe is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists, and targeted cytokines. Our lead product candidate, IGM-2323, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3, and we have initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory B cell Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) patients in 2019. Our second product candidate is IGM-8444, an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5) for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies, for which we have recently initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial. Also in our product pipeline is IGM-7354, a bispecific IgM antibody delivering interleukin-15 (IL-15) cytokines to PD-L1 expressing cells for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
We are seeking an RA/SRA with a background in cell-line development or with the skills to readily contribute to engineering and selecting world class IgM producing cell lines. In this role, you will be an important member of the Manufacturing and Process Development Team.
- Actively contribute to development of stable cell lines for clinical trials.
- Optimization of robust high throughput cell screening platform technology for efficient selection of high producing cell lines.
- Stable/transient plasmid transfection of suspension/adherent mammalian cell cultures.
- Design and conduct upstream production experiments.
- Develop and conduct molecular assays for producer cell line analysis.
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and technical reports and contribute to regulatory filings.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team.
- BS or MS in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or related field with 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, and transient and stable expression techniques.
- SDS-PAGE, ELISA, qPCR, western blot, Octet.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
- Strong collaboration, team-working skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Independently motivated and detail-oriented with good problem-solving ability.
- Hands on experience in design and execution of key activities associated with cell line. generation and workflow optimization; including transfection, drug selection, verifiable single cell cloning, high throughput clone/pool screening, cell banking and clone analysis.
- Basic protein purification techniques.
- Flow cytometry assay experience.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Must be able to commute to Mountain View.
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based and family-like work environment. It is one of our biggest goals to maintain our company culture.
One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we are offering robust and comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance. The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
- STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 10 holidays
- Cell phone & internet subsidy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual training budget for professional development
- Commuter Benefit
- Annual bonus program
- New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.